Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to my dealer SA, and he indicated that only 2WD MO were getting the fuel shield, as AWD already had it. Anyone else??

This is a new dealership. Is this true on the 2006?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
ekaxel-

I think your service adviser may be wrong.

All MOs come with a "fuel tank protector" (see item #11 in attachment), but that only protects the center section of the tank, not the vulnerable front surfaces nor the outboard sections.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Sounds like BS to me.... this is an urban car... aint no way Nissan would put more protection on the MO simply because it was an AWD..... these dealers.....

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Gonzo said:
Sounds like BS to me.... this is an urban car... aint no way Nissan would put more protection on the MO simply because it was an AWD..... these dealers.....
Obviously, as the first "protection" that they would have done for AWD would be to give us a transfer case that could actually handle it being turned on.... :)

·
5,244 Posts
Ye, why they never learn..........it must be BS. Just look underneath the car....it will tell you the story

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Now that the truth.

Corin said:

Obviously, as the first "protection" that they would have done for AWD would be to give us a transfer case that could actually handle it being turned on.... :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Last week they put shields on my AWD.......
part of the recall...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts