Nissan Murano Forum banner

Which fuel tank shield do you prefer?

• A7285-CC25A (Conformal Aluminum)

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • A7285-CC27A (Vertical Plastic)

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • A7285-CC27B (Conformal Plastic)

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • None (I'll design my own or go without)

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I purchased mine from ABCNissanWholesale. At the time they were the only place that had them. The price in 2008 was $15.23 plus $5 for shipping.

-njjoe

·
Registered
121 Posts
I priced them out 25$ LOL through the dealer however do I need 2 of the same or are there different part numbers for left and right? Dealer said there should be 2 numbers for L and R. Also he couldn't find the plastic ones

·
Registered
2,932 Posts

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I priced them out 25$ LOL through the dealer however do I need 2 of the same or are there different part numbers for left and right? Dealer said there should be 2 numbers for L and R. Also he couldn't find the plastic ones
A7285-CC25A is a kit and includes both right and left pieces.

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Recall parts like this usually are dirt cheap. I don't know who payed over $100 for em but they got screwed.

Courtesynissanparts has em too, right?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I'm not sure if anybody in this forum every paid the over $100 price for them. The dealership did try to sell me both for about $250-ish. I laughed of course.

Ultimately found them for waaaaaay cheaper. :)

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Glad to see a recent thread on these seemingly elusive, inexpensive, and ultimately necessary upgrade from the "Verticle" p.'s O.S. that I have endured for years. Thanks Warhammer:29: for the link. I immediately felt a (plastic)burden lifted off my shoulders!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Recently it came loose and some rattling was occurring. I brought it in and they said most people take their heat shields off anyway.
This car may be old, but the only issues I've ever had with it are "this part literally lived through its full lifetime and you should probably replace it"
$130 for a replacement shield is relatively cheap, but the less I can spend on something I'll replace in a few years the better.
My current decision is to just remove it, but I have to bring it to a dealer for a new shield.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts