Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the other day my MO wouldnt start. After an hour of trying to jump it/ charge the battery I finally got it home. The next morning I pulled the battery out and put it on a load test. And it read 12.5 volts!!! So I started looking more closely pulling fuses and checking everything. I didnt find anything so I put the battery back in and tryed to start it.... But I had no power at all going to the car!! I took the battery back out and found that the positive battery connection had been eroded away so badly that is was barely touching the terminal!!! Called nissan and they said it was vin specific and now in out 60 bucks for that little thing to replace it!! Has this ever happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok so the other day my MO wouldnt start. After an hour of trying to jump it/ charge the battery I finally got it home. The next morning I pulled the battery out and put it on a load test. And it read 12.5 volts!!! So I started looking more closely pulling fuses and checking everything. I didnt find anything so I put the battery back in and tryed to start it.... But I had no power at all going to the car!! I took the battery back out and found that the positive battery connection had been eroded away so badly that is was barely touching the terminal!!! Called nissan and they said it was vin specific and now in out 60 bucks for that little thing to replace it!! Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Yes and when it went out in my 2010 Murano, it snowballed into me replacing the alternator and harness, the drive belt, the battery and both battery connectors and I still can't drive it cause brand new alternator won't charge my brand new battery.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Yes and when it went out in my 2010 Murano, it snowballed into me replacing the alternator and harness, the drive belt, the battery and both battery connectors and I still can't drive it cause brand new alternator won't charge my brand new battery.
Unfortunately, it's not unusual for replacement alternators to be faulty... Check if it's putting out more than 14 volts after a cold start. If it's not, and the drive belt is correctly installed, and all the cables that were replaced are correctly installed and snug, take the alternator back for a replacement. BTW, what harness was replaced?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately, it's not unusual for replacement alternators to be faulty... Check if it's putting out more than 14 volts after a cold start. If it's not, and the drive belt is correctly installed, and all the cables that were replaced are correctly installed and snug, take the alternator back for a replacement. BTW, what harness was replaced?
the alternators 3 wire harness

1 - 4 of 4 Posts