Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here is the deal.

My passenger door window is not working and I noticed as a byproduct that the overall power lock switch isn't either (when you press the switch to lock or unlock the doors, nothing happens).

I thought it had to be a fuse but in the manual and in the fuse boxes I know of (under dash, driver's side - near the hood release lever, and the one in the engine compartment) there is no mention of which fuse is responsible for those functions.

Does anybody know? Why isn't there a complete fuse box description in the manual or in the cover??

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK no one has answered *yet* - I hope someone does.

Let me add a few things. The manual says that "for systems not listed, contact a dealer". I mean, the power locks, power windows fuses are "stealth" in the fuse box - there is no mention to which ones they are...

Has anyone ever had a problem with fuses, or with the windows, locks?

I thought at first that the window wiring on the passengers' side had come loose, but it is too coincidental that the locks stopped working as well? It is just the buttons on both doors that do not work, when I use the remote all doors lock.

Thanks
Rob

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I don't have my manual with me but if the fuse is not in the fuse box inside the car, then check the IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module) located under the hood on the passenger side. It has a bunch of relays and fuses and one of them maybe the one you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Does the passenger window go up/down when you press the passenger window switch on the drivers door? I'm trying to establish if it is the window or the switch.

Also check that the window "Lock button" and "Power door lock switch" are not pressed on the drivers door. See page 2-34 in your 2004 Owners Manual.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Robmartins-

The electric windows all share the same fuse. If at least one window works then the fuse is fine.

-njjoe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All windows work except the driver's side, no matter if from the drivers' switch of from the passenger's... so the window lock button is not on.

Also, the central door lock does not work from either door switch...

On the window, I have to say the wiring might have been disconnected because it was not slow or anything that indicated the motor could be going bad. It just stopped working. I will check it this weekend.

Any more thoughts are welcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
All windows work except the driver's side, no matter if from the drivers' switch of from the passenger's... so the window lock button is not on.

Also, the central door lock does not work from either door switch...

On the window, I have to say the wiring might have been disconnected because it was not slow or anything that indicated the motor could be going bad. It just stopped working. I will check it this weekend.

Any more thoughts are welcome.
Did you ever figure this out?

I know it's old, but I'm having the exact same problem. Front passenger side window doesn't do anything and power door lock switch doesn't work. Everything was fine yesterday.

Would love to know how you resolved the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts