Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've all heard how the first thing you check when the "Service Engine Soon" light comes on is the gas cap. My light came on the day before heading home from Florida, but I didn't think about it. The next morning, at the first gas stop on the way home, my gas cap was really loose. I filled it up, and made sure the cap was super tight. The light stayed on through that tankful AND the next one. At that point, I started to get nervous, thinking about how I have to drive to NYC on Monday and couldn't make a service appointment for Monday morning (and how it might be the PCV, the oxygen sensor, or any host of things)

Anyway, to make a long story short, the light stayed on all the way home, but when I went out this morning, the light was gone! So, I guess its more than just tightening the gas cap. It may also have to sit overnight after tightening the gas cap. The car's happy, I'm happy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Typically, OBDII systems require at least 5 key on's to clear themselves of error conditions that are no longer present.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, did not know that.. thanks Edward! Question. Are you aware of any PC interface systems available for our bus? I'd like to run an app on a car pc that puts up a more detailed error on the display when conditions like that exist.

Thanks again..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts