1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New string of headlight thefts seen
BY LAUREN MATTHEW
Staff Writer

OLD BRIDGE — Police are investigating four thefts of headlights reported last week in the Bridgepointe area.

Xenon headlights were taken from a 2002 Infiniti sometime between 10:30 p.m. Sept. 18 and 7:13 a.m. the next day. The car was parked in the Bridgepointe Drive lot, and its hood was also damaged and bent, according to police.

A black 1999 Jetta was broken into between 10 p.m. Sept. 19 and 6:51 a.m. the next day. A car stereo was stolen from the car, which was parked in a lot at the Parkview at Madison apartments. Nothing else was missing from the car, according to its owner.

A 2003 Nissan 350Z, also parked in a Parkview at Madison lot, was broken into between 6 p.m. Sept. 19 and 6:10 a.m. the next day. Headlights were taken, along with 20 CDs, a car jack and a tennis racket.

A Parkview resident reported another theft Sept. 20 at 2:38 a.m. The resident told police that he saw a man wearing a black hooded sweatshirt take the headlights from a white 2003 Acura TC. The suspect then got into a vehicle described as a silver four-door Honda Civic with a loud, high-performance exhaust, and drove off, the witness told police.

An officer attempted to locate the suspect but was unsuccessful.

Police believe the crimes are related.

Anyone with information regarding the thefts is urged to contact the police department at (732) 721-5600.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Now I am even more happy that I did not opt for the HID upgrade.

-njjoe

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I have them and drive all along route 9 and always check when I get back to my Mo to make sure the lights are still there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

It has been quite with the headlights being stolen in this area, I just wanted to make sure people keep their guards up.

Like you said the lights are less compared to the body damage, it just the fact that they violate your Mo :)
that I hate.

Keep an eye out

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nissmo said:
They have been stealing the HIDs out of Maximas for years. The lights cheap compared to the body damage caused by prying the hood and facia.
Yup. :( It sounds like that 02 Infiniti which had its headlights snatched may have been an I35.

As an 02 Maxima owner living in NJ, HID theft is an everpresent concern. :3:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts