Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a beautiful day today in Atlanta. Almost 80F……..went to Callaway Gardens to see the azaleas in the full bloom………..awesome……….took well too many pictures………(may post some when board get fixed)

Left FX home and drove MO. On our way back home, driving leisured 78 mph on cruse control a G35C passed us………noticed an interesting “sporty” sound………….was told “get closer to him”……so I press the pedal just I little bit…….swerved through the traffic…..got to him…….did not even realized were doing just over 100 (mph it is)…….the guy had a modified exhaust system……too loud for my liking.
He was very surprised seeing a MO just on his tail………anyway let him go……:D

The MO was so smooth and quiet, and so responsive, did not even know was so fast…..and so well handling……:)

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've experienced the same thing. Lots of two-lane roads around here, with lots of slow drivers on 'em! In my previous cars, I would usually say a short prayer that I would make it around the slowpokes before oncoming traffic appears. Now, I'm a passing fool! Drop the Murano into Ds, press on the accelerator a bit, and I'm around the other cars like they were sitting still. I don't think I've ever hit 100 mph, but I have been in the 90s and never knew it! Gotta remember to keep the radar detector on! :2:

Jeff

·
4,664 Posts
I wanted to get a better look at a 9 series BMW getting onto the highway... Chased after him and while he could pull away when he had the room, I had no problems catching up to him... I chuckled because I could tell he was surprised that I was still with him and even caught up. After I got a good look, I backed off to take it easy and noticed the engine revs were still in the powerband. Oops! Better take it out of L, I thought....:22:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
bmw 9 series? wow ...

i never saw one... did you mean 7 series?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hangin with the Beemers!

I was hanging neck and neck with a nice deep blue BMW X5 on the Florida Turnpike yesterday. He seemed a little surprised as well. I think he may have been checking out my ride. I was checking his out. I still like the looks of the X5, its just waaaaaaaaaaay too expensive and I feel I have just as nice of a ride with the Murano.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My family has both the X5 and the MO...i really do not enjoy driving the X5 as much as I enjoy driving the MO....The X5 might be faster and a bit more responive but comfort wise the X5 does not even compare to the MO....

·
4,664 Posts
Re: bmw 9 series? wow ...

SugarRushMurano said:
i never saw one... did you mean 7 series?
Brainf Art, ya, I meant a 7 series... :1pat: Did it ever go! If it was completely clear I wouldn't have caught up to him, but his skill at driving was no where near his car's HP.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
hahaha... Maybe he is waiting for you to reach him...

you know just wanna see how the-cute-looking murano keep up with his autobahn's ride :)

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
much better than PT Cruiser!:D

Went to Germany a year ago or so. Ordered a rental car through the corporate agent. When at the airport the girl behind the counter handed me the key and said: you have a really nice car. It has air-conditioning and it is automatic.

What is it?

A Chrysler PT.

I did not fly 5,000 miles to drive an American car!

Anyway, took to to autobahn – 150 kms/hr. Not bad for such a car. The car was a sensation! You would not believe it how many bimmers and mercs pulled over to look at it!

I wish I had Murano or FX out there! I would have been fun!

·
Registered
758 Posts
sean103

Must be really cool to have both. This is kind of a coincidence, but I have a DVR through my cable company and I have it setup to record any occurrences of Car and Driver Television and Motorweek. Yesterday on Spike TV (formerly TNN) they had like six episodes in a row of the Car and Driver show. The second one was the New york Auto show so I decided to watch it, not realizing it was last year's (03)NYIAS. As I'm watching they say stay tuned because our review of the 03 Murano is coming up. This really peaks my interest. They have a Bordeaux SE AWD with Caffe Latte interior. Seemed like about 95% positive things to say. Only negatives were that Murano is not really good for off road use or towing. Clocked it at 0-60 in 7.5 and 1/4 mile in 15.9 at 89mph(I think). Well the really funny thing that he said that relates to comments on the BMW X5 was that: "The Murano is very much like a deeply discounted X5". All in all a very good review, even if it was a year old.:cool:

·
4,664 Posts
I missed it!!! I saw C&D on Spike but only watched it for about 20 minutes...

I'm curious, there's been some people towing with the MO, yet I've not heard a single problem with it. So what was C&D on about?

·
Registered
758 Posts
jaak

It was not a serious gripe. Just that the towing limit was 3500 lbs. I don't know what they would expect from a crossover anyway but it wasn't like they made it a major portion of the review either. Overall it was a very favorable review.

·
4,664 Posts
Oh, OK, so it was a comparison with vehicles in another class... I guess we should be happy they even considered doing that! Not bad for an "Altima"...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
758 Posts
jaak

The C&D piece was just a standalone review of the Murano, not a comparo. Towards the end when they list pluses and minuses the only minuses they had were it's towing capacity and off road ability. Maybe this is because it is catagorized as an SUV. I had no interest in using the Murano for Towing or off roading when I purchased it. I knew beforehand that the Mo was not built for that purpose. I guess it is just that they lump it in with SUV's that they tend to compare to SUV characteristics, i.e off roading/Towing etc... I think maybe we should call the Mo a USV - Urban Sport Vehicle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts