Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to program Nissan's mirror button to work with Liftmaster ELite series garage opener? I believe it uses a rolling code as the regular setup I have found online does not work, and I do not see a 'learn' button on the unit.

The specs above show some buttons (Radio button), that I guess one would use. However, this is a unit used in our condominium so I can't really take the cover off. Is there any other way to make it work with the Murano mirror button?

Thanks

·
Registered
857 Posts
I programmed my '19 to be used for my Mom's gated community's garage. You don't need to do anything with the over-head unit in you photos.

I followed the instructions in my owner's manual, which involved using the garage door's hand-held remote control to program the button in my Murano. I think it would have also worked with previous generation Muranos as well.

·
Registered
857 Posts
If you don't have an owner's manual, you can download one from here:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what is happening in my case (from the manual): "If the indicator light1blinksrapidlyfor 2 seconds and then turns to asolid/continuous light, continuewith Steps 4-6for a rolling code de-vice. 4. At the receiver located on the garagedoor opener motor in the garage, lo-cate the “learn” or “smart” button (thename and color of the button may varyby manufacturer but it is usually lo-cated near where the hanging an-tenna wire is attached to the unit). Ifthere is difficulty locating the button,reference the garage door opener’smanual.5. Press and release the “learn” or “smart”button.6. Return to the vehicle and firmly pressand hold the trained HomeLink® but-ton for 2 seconds and release. Repeatthe “press/hold/release” sequence upto three times to complete the trainingprocess. HomeLink® should now acti-vate your rolling code equipped device.

Did you have to do "learn" on the garage opener end?

·
Registered
857 Posts
I didn't... I just used my Mom's gated community's garage remote, and it programmed the HomeLink button on my mirror just fine.

I never looked at what brand/security type opener they have, but I guess it wasn't a rolling code type because I didn't need to use its learn button...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts