Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, it does look neat. I wonder if Garmin does their regular gouge for maps, or if this one is fairly complete...

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
This is a VERY similar device to the TomTom that we talked about earlier (http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3300&highlight=tomtom).

I wonder when Garmin will actually release this product, and when it will be available? I really liked the touch-screen interface of the TomTom, but I decided against it for other reasons (see other thread). Perhaps the Garmin will be a better version? Might have to try it out if it is available in time for me....

·
5,268 Posts
Yes, I did see it on the Internet. Looks like TomTom. Ihope it will have Garmin quality. GPS City takes preorders now. Apparently it will ship in March 24.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Kris said:
Yes, I did see it on the Internet. Looks like TomTom. Ihope it will have Garmin quality. GPS City takes preorders now. Apparently it will ship in March 24.
That's not too far off.

Hommer

·
Registered
19 Posts
jaak said:
Yeah, it does look neat. I wonder if Garmin does their regular gouge for maps, or if this one is fairly complete...
It comes with the maps. Map updates are ususally annually and run about $75. I tend to update every other year and consider the price reasonable.

·
Registered
153 Posts
This unit looks kind of small

I like the design but at almost $1000 the Magellan Roadmate and Garmin 2600's look alot better.

Your thoughts???

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to the Garmind side they 320 is $729... if I recall. They have a 330 that is closer toe $800 or $900.

I wish these would come down in price... a fair price would be in the $300-400 range. Dontchathink?

·
5,268 Posts
If it does what it what Garmin claims a fair price would be $500 - $600....

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Re: This unit looks kind of small

njmo said:
I like the design but at almost $1000 the Magellan Roadmate and Garmin 2600's look alot better.

Your thoughts???
Screen Sizes (taken directly from manufacturer sites):

Garmin C330: 2.8” W x 2.1” H (5.88 square inches)
Garmin 2620: 3.3" W x 1.7" H (5.61 square inches)
Magellan Roadmate 700: 2.25" x 3.0" (6.75 square inches)

The overall unit of the C330, of course, is smaller, but that's because all the controls are on-screen rather than separate.

Hmmm... This actually makes me want to check out the Magellan a bit more. I was kind of set on Garmin, but that's a significant increase in screen real estate....

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Re: This unit looks kind of small

njmo said:

Your thoughts???
One more comment on price. Remember that Garmin's site is SUGGESTED RETAIL. You should be able to find it a lot cheaper than that once it's out in stores.

For example, the Garmin 2620 is listed on the Garmin site as having a suggested price of $1283.32. Newegg.com currently has it available for $809.99, which is 63% cheaper. If you look as just their suggested retail price, the C330 is already significantly cheaper than the 2620, so once they are in stores it should be cheaper still.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts