Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI - I had the SES lamp on my 04 Murano go on last week. Being fairly saavy about what the lamp REALLY is for, I let it go after checking the gas cap to make sure it was on tightly. Sure enough, after about 48 hours, the lamp went out. Probably a DTC set by the evap monitor noticing a leak around the gas cap. But then last Sunday, it came on again! Figuring there was really a problem with the emissions control system and not having a reader, I dropped it off at the dealer (plus I still have the DVD player problem). Turns out the seal on the gas cap was defective. They replaced the cap and reset the ECU. That should take care of the problem. In addition, I have a new DVD player on order. I'll keep folks posted. In the meantime, anyone else have a defective gas cap seal on their Mo? Doesn't seem like a common problem.

Oh, and my 04 Murano wasn't affected by the TSB on this, since it had the upgraded ECU that wasn't set overly sensitive to the evap emissions monitoring plaguing some of the earlier versions.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update - got the MO back. New DVD player on order. As for the SES, the work order/invoice notes the codes set:

Fault P0442 -- small evap leak
Fault P0456 -- very small evap leak

The culprit was the gas cap seal so the whole cap was replaced. One full day and no new SES. Must have cured it. Now for the new DVD when that comes in . . .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure yet, but I may be in the same boat. My MIL light came on a few days ago and hasn't gone off yet. Thread here: http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2636

I'm going to try the steps to read the code in diagnostic mode II (gas pedal steps). Any chance you could post a list of codes? (or direct me to a list somewhere?)

Thanks.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BR - saw your other thread. My fix didn't stick as I have the SES illuminated again. I'm taking it back to the dealer next week when my new rearseat DVD player is supposed to come in.

As for codes, I pulled those two off the work sheet receipt from the dealer. I don't have a reference for all the Nissan codes.

Sorry. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts