Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that gas for regular is around 2.20 and premium is around 2.40, what type of gas are you putting in your Mo, and what kind of MPG are you averaging?

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
I am always putting Premium. Last week it was $2.49 and I put 18.953 gallons. Today I paid $2.55 for gallon and put 19.006 gallons. I can drive about 10 day on 1 tank that includes trips to work and weekends driving. I have about 350 miles per fill, something like 17.3-17.6 per gallon. I am doing 50/50 driving (city/highway)

·
Registered
85 Posts
i just put some chevron 92 in today but didn't fill it since it's $1.10 a litre. somebody else will probably do the math correctly but i think that works out to $3.20us a gallon.:headshake :cursin:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats nuts.. How much to fill up a full tank Murano_Driver?

Just debating regular/premium on the Mo I'm about to buy..

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
$46 to $49 a fill, I am putting ~19 gallons at every fill. I usually drive till the light is comes on than I drive another 20-30 miles and than I know I have about 2.7 gallons left.

"i just put some chevron 92 in today but didn't fill it since it's $1.10 a litre. somebody else will probably do the math correctly but i think that works out to $3.20us a gallon. "

OMG, with that price I would probably be driving hybrid by now.:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Good website for checking cheap gas prices. We could of course post how it costs locally for each of us, but its not really an accurate representation of how much other are paying (unless you happen live where the price is exactly the national average).

Gaspricewatch

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am paying 1.94 a gallon for 87 octane and getting about 22.8 mpg 40C/60H driving.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Thos prices seem to be preety good from where I am sitting. I use Shell midrange (89 octane) which is $.88/lts, which works out to $3.96 a imperial gallon. 1/lt equal 3.89 US gallons and 4.5 lts equals 1 imperial gallon. It usually cost me between $65-70 to fill my tank and I strive to go 1 1/2 between fills.

If you are planning to come to Canada this summer to explore, this website will track the fuel cost across the country.

http://www.mjervin.com/WPPS_Public.htm

·
The Member
104 Posts
Damn,
I must be trully an aggressive driver, i only get 15.4 Mpg and use Premium fuels only.
:(

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I've been keeping track of every aspect of gas since I picked up my MO. So far (3000 miles) I have only used Premium. I'm planning to continue to do this for a while longer, then switching to regular (probably around my second oil change) and run that for a few thousand miles (or until problems are noticed) and compare the results.

I'm recording Fill-up Date, Brand, Octane, Gallons, Price, Distance Driven According To Odometer, On-Board Computer MPG Calculation, Manual MPG Calculation, and Running MPG Over Life Of Vehicle.

Should have some nice stats to present after a while, but for now they don't mean much since I've only clocked 3k miles, half of which were break-in miles.

J

·
0 Posts
We're only on our third tank of guess. Premium (93 octane) here is about 2.12 / gallon. We've been averaging around 18mph. It has dropped quite a bit, though, when towing the boat (and that is expected for obvious reasons).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm just not sure what I'm going to put in my Mo.. prem, or plus or regular... I still need to decide I guess..

·
Registered
275 Posts
I did a 2 hour drive last weekend. It was hot out and the wife wanted the A/C on. I got 25 mpg with the AC on doing 75 mph. I was fairly happy. My Mo hasn't had guzzle of anything but 93 octane premium....

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
In suburban Atlanta I just gassed up with High Test at 2.15 a gallon.
Want to to have some gas econ trip fun. Reset the Trip Econ button as soon as you pull out of the station. Watch it as it takes about 30 seconds to figure things out. For the first 2 miles of 55 MPH and no stops or traffic she was showing about 32.5 MPG. Of course the minute your lead foot hits the accelerator she drops like a rock but it was kind a cool zipping along at 32.5MPG for a couple of miles. My normal MPG average is and has been for a while 21.5.
Bob1:4:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've been running Citgo/Hess 87octane pretty much since we've had our Mo, (1 year). Mostly travel I-95, avg. 75 mph, and avg. 21.0 w/ AC. I put a Mobil fuel cleaner in every time the oil is changed. No problems w/ it so far. Knock on wood! :bonk:

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
grfg8r said:
I've been running Citgo/Hess 87octane pretty much since we've had our Mo, (1 year). Mostly travel I-95, avg. 75 mph, and avg. 21.0 w/ AC. I put a Mobil fuel cleaner in every time the oil is changed. No problems w/ it so far. Knock on wood! :bonk:
I have fun with mine when I drive down a hill by resetting just before I start the downhill portion. It shows 99.9 mpg and starts dropping slowly after that until it hits around 25 mpg by the time I get home ten miles later!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I like the way you think! :20:

·
Registered
4 Posts
First week with new Murano so the gas was free from the dealer...so far averaging 19.0 MPG (according to dash display). Doesn't seem too bad considering the car is brand new...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Woody, did you steal my avatar?.:eek:
All avatar theft requires you pay the avatar owner one tank of gas.
PS, I only use high test.
You need to pay a fine to Certified Avatar Subject Holder. or CASH for short, just send it to me.
:D
Bob1

1 - 20 of 21 Posts