Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone do me a favor and check to see if the gas door actuator makes a distinct and wierd sound when the vehicle is unlocked. Mine just started doing it, but it is still functional.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dookie, are you hearing the strange sound when you're inside the vehicle or outside? I just want to try and duplicate it under the same conditions.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Dookie said:
Someone do me a favor and check to see if the gas door actuator makes a distinct and wierd sound when the vehicle is unlocked. Mine just started doing it, but it is still functional.

Its the lock for the gas door. It unlocks when the drivers door is unlocked on the first press of the keyfob.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know there's a lock there, but it recently started making a sound that sounded like the motor was straining...

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Dookie said:
I know there's a lock there, but it recently started making a sound that sounded like the motor was straining...
In that case, time to visit our favorite place, the nissan dealer service dept hehe.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thecanuck said:
Dookie, are you hearing the strange sound when you're inside the vehicle or outside? I just want to try and duplicate it under the same conditions.
It's best to hear the sound when standing next to the door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes mine just started the noise last week-- I have about 4000 miles now. It's very loud when you unlock the door (sound is from gas door actuator area), but the gas door lock/ unlock mechanism still seems to be working normally??

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine is working fine as well. Just makes that darn noise. I'm gonna stop by the dealer one night and see what they say--I just have to get off of work in time.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I listened by the gas door tonight as I unlocked the car, and the sound is loud, but its the same since the car was new. I don't think its anything to worry about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts