Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a question, maybe it's me or mayby something wrong with my gas door lock. I cant' t lock it any way, not with the remote or the door lock button. Any body else with this same problem.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The filler door locks automatically with either the remote lock or door lock. Make sure the door is closed and try again, probably have to take it in for repair.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Check and see if the locking tab (has a square hole in it) is bent and out of alignment. It's flexible and you can easily bend it gassing up.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Good call GD! You can also test the locking mechanism, open the gas door and use the remote to lock down.You should see the locking pin move back and forth.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I didn't even know that it locked when the doors locked until the other day when I was reading the owners manual. I don't think my salesman knew it either but of course he didn't know alot of things. I do think it's pretty cool though that it does lock.:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already tried locking the doors with the remote and having the gas door open, the pin doesn't even try to move. Either locking or unlocking.

·
4,994 Posts
That about it, Let the service guy replace the part and fix the problem you have done more than your fair share. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wouldnt open

One time when it was -34 F my fuel door wouldnt open!!! i had to try for 5 min using the lock/unlock and kept pushing on it. is there anyway to release it if it IS stuck like that? what if it locks shut and wont open?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Re: Wouldnt open

Mikeyusa said:
One time when it was -34 F my fuel door wouldnt open!!! i had to try for 5 min using the lock/unlock and kept pushing on it. is there anyway to release it if it IS stuck like that? what if it locks shut and wont open?
I haven't been to the dealer to get my actuator fixed....... again, so at this point, this is my normal fueling procedure.......

1. Open rear hatch.
2. Locate rubber gasket.
3. Gently lift gasket edge away from carpeted sidewall.
4. Lift carpeting enough to stick your paw in there.
5. Helen Keller your hand towards gas cap.
6. You will feel a smaller opening that your hand will fit through to allow access to the actuator.
7. When you feel the actuator (it feel about the diameter of a pencil) pull it towards the rear.
8. Gas cap should pop open, if not, while lifting actuator, press on the cap door like you normally would.
9. Fill 'er up.

·
4,994 Posts
WOW, good thing the MO goes so many miles between tanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My gas door wouldn't unlock the other day. Needless to say I was out of gas and 1500 miles out of warranty. After about ten minutes it popped open. I bent the little arm that retains it out of the way as I figure the cost of the repair will be way more than the gas / gas cap somebody may steal from me. The solenoid wasnt moving as I locked / unlocked the doors.

This should be a heads up for some people as I have seen a few posts about this solenoid failing. When I get some time I will look into it just to see if the wire has come off to prevent problems in the future.

This is a very unnerving experience because it is a very little thing that can leave you stranded.

Thx,
Jason

·
4,994 Posts
folgersoldier

A little test.

1. Open the gas door
2. Cycle the lock unlock while watching the Solenoid to see if it activates (retracts)
3. If it moves. then you may be suffering from having the thin tab that stick out from the gas cover flap to engage the solenoid being a bit too much bent outward toward the solenoid. Gently bend in a bit FROM the solenoid latch.

4. For me that made me good to go.

In my case the solenoid when retracted leaves a bit of an edge that still caught the locking tab and therefore didn't realese the flap.

GRIP :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts