Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how accurate the gas mileage display is on the Murano? I'm on my second tank of gas. First one said I was averaging 23.5 mpg and the second tank 87 octane I'm currently getting 25.6 mpg. It almost sounds too good to be true. It is not highway driving either but it's not city bumper to bumper either. If it is real I'm amazed.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I wouldn't bet my last dollar on it, but I have found the display to be reasonably accurate.
I would say I have never seen it off by more than 10% and usually much closer.

Homer

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Frumunda Cheese-

My display, like Homer's, appears to be relatively (+/- 10%) accurate.

However, if your computer is saying your brand-new, not-even-close-to being-broken-in, less than 500 mile engine is getting 25 MPG around town, I think it is more than 10% optimistic.

I'd be surprised if you got 20 mpg in city driving on a brand spanking new MO.

Keep track of your fuel consumption and do a manual calculation after another tank or two, and see how your figures compare to the MO's display. If the two values deviate by more that 10% I would mention it to the dealer.

If it turns out you are getting 25.6 MPG in city driving, then be very thankful, especially in light of the recent trend in gas prices.

Good luck with your new MO.

By the way, I like your screen name. :D

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
I live in north metropolitan Atlanta and I know the traffic. I have never got 25 mpg. But, I did get 25 mpg driving on a flat highway no faster than 60 mph. If you drove in similar condition - your read out might be right........just maybe......

How many miles did you drive before you refilled? How many miles between refills?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I did the math. I drove 375.5 miles on the last tank. When I filled up it took 16.8 gallons. That left me with 22. something mpg. Correct me if I'm wrong but thats pretty good, right? My driving habits have changed since I can watch the display bar drop when you gas it. When I reset the average mpg it displayed 24.9 mpg...off by a few.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Frumunda Cheese said:
OK, I did the math. I drove 375.5 miles on the last tank. When I filled up it took 16.8 gallons. That left me with 22. something mpg. Correct me if I'm wrong but thats pretty good, right? My driving habits have changed since I can watch the display bar drop when you gas it. When I reset the average mpg it displayed 24.9 mpg...off by a few.
I get between 24 and 26 mpg if I drive 60 mph or under on the hightway. If I average 70 mph on the highway I get more like 22-24 mpg. The display ave mpg seems to be within 1 mpg of what I calculate by hand.

Does the 2006 model show instantaneous mpg ? I wish my 2005 Murano did. My 98 Passat has that feature and it is fun to observe how the mpg changes with driving conditions.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Husky to answer your question I have attached a pic of the display for fuel economy. Not sure if the older models have this as well. The bar on the right goes up and down depending on how you accelerate. Sorry it's blurry but I couldn't get the lighting right in the garage.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts