Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of gas mileage is everybody getting on their 2019 Muranos? We just came back from a trip and it seems way better than they said I'm actually getting 28.5 - 30. Mpg on the highway. We really liked this vehicle on a road trip.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I got as high as 33 MPG on mostly highway drive, indicated by the MPG display.

However, I started checking what I was putting in and calculating my MPG calculation against the cars estimate, and I have been finding the car is indicating around 10-15% better MPG than my calculations...

The MPG is still better than my 2003's on the highway.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The highest mileage I got according the the computer was 31. On a trip, calculated manually, the highest I got was 29. These were two separate occasions. I find the car's computer and my manual calculations, which I do with each fill-up, correspond closely enough that I trust the trip computer's accuracy. It's a whole lot better than my 2010. I never exceeded 22mpg.

·
Registered
781 Posts
21 average, best was 26.5 of mainly highway trips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. I think you're right, I'll check the conventional way next trip. I'm happy with the mileage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The onboard mileage is always higher than what my app has calculated.

I think my overall per the vehicle computer is about 26 mpg while my app claims under 24 mpg.

Mileage was better before the winter fuel/temps. Recently noticed my tires were underinflated; hoping adding a few psi will help mileage.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The onboard mileage is always higher than what my app has calculated.

I think my overall per the vehicle computer is about 26 mpg while my app claims under 24 mpg.

Mileage was better before the winter fuel/temps. Recently noticed my tires were underinflated; hoping adding a few psi will help mileage.

Mileage definitely goes down with winter fuel and under-inflated tires. It also goes down with snow tires, which is where I am now. All that being said I have gotten some great mileage with snows on my holiday trips. Strictly highway naturally yielded the best results. I got one spell of 28.5 but the rest was around 24 due to traffic and hills.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Same here with winter tires and winter gas. The onboard MPG says 23.5, but I am barely above 21 most fill ups based on hand calculated figures. I also do a lot of short hops and commuting in stop and go traffic, so that doesn’t Help ?

·
Registered
4 Posts

However, I started checking what I was putting in and calculating my MPG calculation against the cars estimate, and I have been finding the car is indicating around 10-15% better MPG than my calculations...

Same here with my 2018 SL, as the car’s computer consistently reports gas mileage 9-13% higher than actual. I average around actual 25-26 MPG, which is roughly 70% freeway driving.

·
Registered
959 Posts
The murano is pretty good for highway mileage, but drive it around the city with stop and go traffic and you will be disappointed

Reactions: MuranoSL2003

·
Registered
14 Posts

Same here on my 2018 Murano SL. Mileage display (history) is about 1.5-2.0 MPG higher than my own calculations. My GF 2018 Rogue is the same (and she checks every tankful!) Overall, after 12100 miles I get about 28-31 on the highway on cruise control (per vehicle's heads up display. 20-22 around town).

·
Registered
5 Posts
What kind of gas mileage is everybody getting on their 2019 Muranos? We just came back from a trip and it seems way better than they said I'm actually getting 28.5 - 30. Mpg on the highway. We really liked this vehicle on a road trip.

I have a 15 MO with 40K. Best mileage, calculated 30.9. Tailwind for about half of the trip. Overall, for the 40K miles the calculated average is 24.5. About 75% city & 25% highway. Much better than my 03 & 09 MO's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The best mph we have gotten from our 2019 on a trip is 32.4 mph. Very pleased with the car and mileage.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The murano is pretty good for highway mileage, but drive it around the city with stop and go traffic and you will be disappointed
I agree in principle, however, it also depends on how you drive, the length of your trips, and the combination of traffic or lights you encounter. I've found if I drive with a light foot I can eek out better mileage, especially if the trip is more than a few miles.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts