Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2004 Mo and feel every bump and road variation in the gas pedal. Since I did not own it new I am not sure if that is normal. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the throttle control actuator but it almost seems worse now? I would have guessed that to be the nature of the drive by wire throttle but I also have a 2006 Quest with the same system and have little to no feedback in the pedal. Just wanted to see if that is just the nature of the Mo’s?

BTW, I love the car. I had a 98 Maxima and put on 227K miles with no problems at all, ever! Just common maintenance (spark plugs, O2 sensors, etc.). It had all original drive train; trans (not a CVT), timing chain, etc. without a problem. It still ran great even when I traded it in, I just did not want to spend the money on new tires, shocks and brakes with that many miles on it. I bet she would have made 300K however if I did. The engine looks to be basically identical on the outside (except for all the plastic covers) as my Maxima so that is why I ended up with more 2 Nissans.

Let me know what you guys think about the pedal vibration and if I should bring it back to the dealer again?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, there is no variation in speed or any other unusual effects just a lot of vibration in the pedal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This site is great, you guys saved me many trips back to the dealer. I guess I will just live with some pedal vibration.

Thanks for the help!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts