Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

In the view of recent gas prices and just becaus I always wanted to ask...

I come from Ukraine where you could buy 98 gas at most gas stations. However, the quality of the gas is questionable most of the time. I am not familiar with the process, but basically a lot of stations would dillute the gas making it very bad quality. So, you're not only looking for a cheap gas, you're also looking for the one that won't break your engine.

Is anyone aware of such instances in the US and how do you know which gas stations provide best gas (I presume, Shell and BP?)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I haven't heard of issues like that - but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I do remember reading somewhere about lower octanes can sometimes be better 'quality' as they are used more often and don't sit in the tanks as long.

·
Registered
842 Posts
KGBhoy said:
Hi all

In the view of recent gas prices and just Becca's I always wanted to ask...

I come from Ukraine where you could buy 98 gas at most gas stations. However, the quality of the gas is questionable most of the time. I am not familiar with the process, but basically a lot of stations would dillute the gas making it very bad quality. So, you're not only looking for a cheap gas, you're also looking for the one that won't break your engine.

Is anyone aware of such instances in the US and how do you know which gas stations provide best gas (I presume, Shell and BP?)?

Thanks!
I do not think you will find that in North America as all the refineries has very strict tolerances on gas quality. There maybe instances when that quality is degraded, but they are rare.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
KGBhoy said:
...a lot of stations would dillute the gas making it very bad quality. So, you're not only looking for a cheap gas, you're also looking for the one that won't break your engine.

Is anyone aware of such instances in the US....
There is good protection against things like that in the US....It is called a Lawsuit!:2:

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
KGBhoy said:
Hi all

In the view of recent gas prices and just becaus I always wanted to ask...

Thanks!
What city you from?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
You will not have to worry about gasoline quality in the US if you stick with a major brand. Sure, there are occasional problems (like the sulfur problem earlier this year in the south), but thats pretty rare.

Personally I prefer Top Tier gasoline (do a google on Top Tier for more details).

·
5,244 Posts
Kiev, interesting city. I think I visited it in 70’s. I remember a historical castle and a monastery with catacombs on the West site of the Dnieper. A lots of history……….

1 - 9 of 9 Posts