Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a 03 SL AWD silver in colour. I was abler to get a lease back with 28K on it . I am wondering if anyone has any problems in using Shell or Esso premumin or midrange fuel, and has it effected your fuel mileage.

This is my first time on this site with my new Murano and look forward to keeping in touch

·
5,268 Posts
Welcome!

You need to add one more choice in your survey - "all of the above". This is my case as i use premium. I think car performs better under heavy demand with premuim gas. I do not think that the brand of the gasoline matters.......

Just my 2c.......

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I use Sunoco, Petro Can and Shell, in that order. I find changing brands once in a while helps, probably due to the difference in detergents in each.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I use premium at my Costco store.

If I had my choice, Amoco would be it but they were bought out.

Don't know if they are the same since BP--but their premium was definetly the cleanest.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I only use shell and BP, 89 octane (mid grade)

never have a problem....I put in chevron/tecron super concentrated fuel system cleaner 500 miles before oil change.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Those are obviously Canadian gas stations. When I lived in California, I used Chevron exclusively. Now I am in Illinois, and I go with either Mobil or Amoco.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I use Arco Regular, except when I need the 10% extra range between stations in the Western wilderness. In that case I use any branded premium. With the price of gas where it is now, and where it looks like it is going, it doesn't make much difference. I don't get any better mileage on premium in city driving.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I'm using Phillips 66, do they still call it 66? Anyway Phillips 93 octane in a MO almost 4 months old. I checked yesterday and I'm hitting 20.7 MPG. Most of the driving is a rural 55-65MPH.
I'm happy that it's getting better MPG every month.
These gas prices..sheesh! I should not complain at 1.82 per gallon for the good stuff, I see what you no so lucky ones are paying in other parts of the counrty.
Bob1

·
4,664 Posts
Let's see... BP in Canada was bought by Petro-Canada, so was Gulf. Esso in the states became Exxon, but stayed as Esso here. I've been losing track of who's who either side! Petro-Canada was started by the Canadian Government. We used to say it stood for Pierre Elliot Trudeau Rips Off - Canada. He was the Prime Minister (our President) at the time, who made it happen.

I haven't really tracked if brand makes a difference. I just buy whatever's there, when I need gas. Although, I used to always put in Sunoco in my 1972 Kawasaki 750, because it always gave the smoothest 60 MPH wheelies.:D

·
Registered
180 Posts
I use any branded premium except Shell. I've had what I figure was bad gas 3 times from Shell (three different vehicles) and given that class action lawsuit that was recently settled against Shell, I'll never go near them unless I have no other choice. My personal favourite is Sunoco in the east and Chevron out west.

·
Registered
418 Posts
In this part of the country, we really have only one supplier of gasoline which is ESSO refined in Edmonton and piplined in to a distribution centre where Shell, PetroCan etc. pick up product... gasoline retailing is being dominated by "independents" such as Canadian Tire, Mohawk and COOP. Major grocery chains such as Safeway and SuperValue are becoming major players as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts