Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that the gear selector is very poorly lit at night? For some reason on my MO, you can bearly make out the gears because they are faintly lit..

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
MINE TOO! The brightness controlls should have been coordinated better in my opinion. By the time I get the shift controller readable at night the dash is too bright. The only consulation is that I don't use the Automatic shifter much. Wish for a simple fix, If you find one please post. Grip :D

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Same here. In fact I thought the bulb was burnt out until I played with the brightness control and realized it was on. I had the shifter cover out the other day and it seems the piece of plastic that has the gear selections on it is just too thick to conduct the light from the tiny bulb. I will soon have it out again (to install my new screen) and will examine again to see if there is an easy way to make it brighter.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Sinse the gear position is displayed on the dash, I guess the designers didn't think it was too important to light the shift console. I would much rather have illuminated HomeMinder controls on the rear view mirror.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
ekaxel said:
Sinse the gear position is displayed on the dash, I guess the designers didn't think it was too important to light the shift console. I would much rather have illuminated HomeMinder controls on the rear view mirror.
You are right. The Designers simply did not think! HomeMinder and Steering controls should have been lit.

·
4,994 Posts
DITTO on Home Link and Steering Controls. Grip :D

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I don't look at the gear shift when I do use it.

Didn't know whether it had lights or not until you guys starting talking about it.
Certainly not a biggie to me.

Same with the steering wheel controls (Don't look at them now) although I must admit I think the learning curve would have been a bit faster had they had lights.

Homer

·
Registered
781 Posts
Homelink definitely need to be lit.

I'm with Homer - I never realized with was lit. It is easy to feel when it is in D - slide it to the right for Ds - slide it down for L. The gate makes it easy to feel.

·
4,994 Posts
True we can do it and the screen is there, we all compensate. Just making it know in case they want to improve things. Hopefully that is what makes a good car great. But having worked in "MOTown" (please understand the use of the MO here) It is usually easier to bring out a new model.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I complained about this as well before but after doing some night highway driving on unlit roads, I wonder if the gear selector buttons and the light under the center-stack were meant to be dim so you don't get as much glare. Less internal ambient light makes it easier to see the road.

The homelink buttons should be lit though as well as the steering wheel buttons.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I forgot to say I agree about the Homelink.
Even if it just had a single LED on each switch position........and if the LEDs were different colors............ I have 2 gates and a garage that I have to find in the dark. Finally, after realizing it doesn't hurt to push a button for a gate or garage that isn't there......I got better at it.:D

ZUV is right about the glare too.........

I keep the interior lights very low when driving.
I want the pupils of my eyes to react to road light not MY car's lights.

As long as we we are talking about lights...........
the Low Gas reminder could sure use some help.
Either brighter or..........
my personal favorite, a sound to tell me to check my gas.

Also, the rear doors need lights on the doors when you open them, like the front doors.

And we thought this car was perfect..................:rolleyes:

Homer

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
hfelknor said:
As long as we we are talking about lights...........
the Low Gas reminder could sure use some help.
Either brighter or..........
my personal favorite, a sound to tell me to check my gas.
Now that I think about it, I have been very low on gas a couple of times and do not recall having ever seen the "low gas" reminder light. I am sure MO has one. When is it supposed to come on?

·
MOtivated!
48 Posts
I Noticed That!

It bugged me for a while until I got used to not looking down and using the gear indicator on the dash. Being a perfectionist, however, I am annoyed that the lights don't "match" my other dash lights in terms of brightness.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts