Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
It looks pretty good, much better than the worn look!

Keep us updated on how it holds up to wear, heat and cold...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks pretty good, much better than the worn look!
Keep you updated on how it holds up to wear, heat and cold...
Yup, I'll keep you guys posted.
I'll be doing the steering wheel as well, which look even more ugly,
and steering wheel have more touch with the hands, so it'll be better
for durability test.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Do you have a lot of miles on your '10 Murano?

My '03 and '19 haven't haven't experieced any wear on those areas... Maybe the beige is not as durable? Or maybe you have cowboy rough hands. :unsure:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a lot of miles on your '10 Murano?

My '03 and '19 haven't haven't experieced any wear on those areas... Maybe the beige is not as durable? Or maybe you have cowboy rough hands. :unsure:
I bought it that way from a young soccer mom with 2 kids...so it had some rough usage in the interior.

How is your dash holding up?
Mine is cracked and I'm still trying to figure out how to repair that.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
How is your dash holding up?
Mine is cracked and I'm still trying to figure out how to repair that.
I have never had an issue with any dash I have ever owned. I guess I've been pretty lucky for the several decades I've owned cars... I think it's more of an issue in hotter areas due to heat and UV.

I've certainly seen many cracking dashes though... I think the only repair that would work for the ones I've seen is a replacement dash, or replacement cover of some sort.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, it's those cars that are exposed to hot direct sunlight frequently are the ones that are cracking.

I park my car in the garage at home and at work, so it's well protected, but I bought the Murano with the dash cracked already...only because my VW Jetta died suddenly and I needed a replacement quick.

For RX350, they have a plastic dash cover that fits over so nicely that you wouldn't notice it until someone actually mentioned it.
For Murano, I've only seen (ugly) mat covers.

If I can figure out how, I may just take out the dashboard completely, so that I can repair it correctly.
If I can't figure out how to take out the dashboard safely without causing further damage, I'll have to figure out a way to fix it in place...it's not going to be fun I know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts