Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 2004 Murano SE AWD with NAV. I love it! One question though, I was driving it at night and noticed that the letters on the gear shifter weren't lit up? It does say what gear you are in on the dash. Is this normal?

Kan-O-Z

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Kan-O-Z said:
I just bought a used 2004 Murano SE AWD with NAV. I love it! One question though, I was driving it at night and noticed that the letters on the gear shifter weren't lit up? It does say what gear you are in on the dash. Is this normal?

Kan-O-Z
Try increasing the illumination level of the instruments and see if they are still out. IF out problem, If dim either get used to it or change the bulb like I Did, Search posts as to bulb size as I don't remember.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Re: Re: Gear Shifter Lights?

GripperDon said:

Try increasing the illumination level of the instruments and see if they are still out. IF out problem, If dim either get used to it or change the bulb like I Did, Search posts as to bulb size as I don't remember.
There was a thread some a few months ago which detailed how to remove the gear selector plate allowing access to and removal of the little yellow cap on the bulb.

This increased brightness a little but not sufficient IMHO to write home about. Darned if I can find the thread now, but do not believe it gave any information on brighter wattage bulb.

GRIP, if you do remember the number of the brighter bulb, please let us know.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Gear Shifter Lights?

rjardine said:

There was a thread some a few months ago which detailed how to remove the gear selector plate allowing access to and removal of the little yellow cap on the bulb.

This increased brightness a little but not sufficient IMHO to write home about. Darned if I can find the thread now, but do not believe it gave any information on brighter wattage bulb.

GRIP, if you do remember the number of the brighter bulb, please let us know.

True I did post the brighter bulb I used. If I get time I'll remove the cover and then the bulb and look at it. I did remove the cover also.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The bulb # Grip used is 74.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts