Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has tried or considered trying putting on the Gen 2 20" five spoke LE/Platinum wheels on their Gen 3 Mo?

My wife actually likes my Gen 3 20" rims and wants a set for her Gen 2 Mo and I'm not against giving her mine and then replacing with the below.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Here to give you some idea of what it would look like with the Gen2 20's (it doesn't look bad at all)

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
One other of your wife's 2012 with the Gen 3 20's (was done quickly sorry...)

Attachments

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
1,286 Posts
Ha ha Ha! I like seeing pics of my Mo! Looks a bit dirtier than that right now! Actually, I had my OEM 20" wheels refinished in a Hyper-smoke finish and use them with my summer tires. I plan to do the same thing when I purchase a new Mo in early 2017. I kinda' like the 20" angular shape of the wheels on the new Platinum, but they seem to have taken it over the top a bit. Also, not a big fan of the machined surface look.
I picked up a set of take-off OEM 20" Infiniti QX-60 wheels and had those Hyper-smoke finished. They have a similar angular shape, but softened and more open. They're waxed, boxed and ready and waiting for a new car.

Take care!

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks RVelle, I actually like the way the five spoke's look on the Gen 3 Mo, I might have to look into doing this :)

Red, completely agree. To me the new angular shaped design seems a bit busy for my liking but I don't hate it. Definitely like the look of the prior model 20" better! Nice to see we're almost neighbors, I'm up by Gurnee. Apologies for stealing your pic, lol :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a picture of my 2015 with Gen 2 wheels. Swapped with no problem.
That looks fantastic, much better than the Gen 3 20's! I'm looking forward to doing something similar. Thanks for posting a pic, love your Mo in white!

·
Registered
895 Posts
I had the 5 spoke on my 09 and now the 7 spoke on my 14. I think both look far better than those hideous ones on the new platinum. JMO:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think the gen 3 20s are a bit over-done and like the gen 3 18s much better. They look a little tougher. But I opted for the platinum and I really enjoy the gen 3 20s now. I don't think that any other wheels except the standard 18 and 20 looks good with the gen 3 honestly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
cbording
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing