Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up an 06 SL AWD and have a few questions.
(1) is there anyway to hook an aux video input to the 7" backup screen.
(2) is there a way to turn the screen on with out being in reverse?
(3) what kinda of Gas do you run in it
(4) what gas mileage do you see Real world?
(5) any performance numbers?
thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
White_lightning said:
i just picked up an 06 SL AWD and have a few questions.
(1) is there anyway to hook an aux video input to the 7" backup screen.
(2) is there a way to turn the screen on with out being in reverse?
(3) what kinda of Gas do you run in it
(4) what gas mileage do you see Real world?
(5) any performance numbers?
thanks in advance.
Let's see...

(1) :confused:
(2) :8:
(3) Regular is just fine. Premium gives you a slight (but measurable) improvement in efficiency at highway speeds. With the current price of gas it is cost-effective to use premium if you do a lot of highway driving.
(4) I get 16 MPG around town, 22 MPG @ 75 MPH and 29 MPG at a steady 55 MPH.
(5) 3.1415926535 is a "performance" number

The more technically-savvy members can give you better answers to questions 1 and 2.

Enjoy your new MO.

-njjoe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: general murano questions..

njjoe said:

Let's see...

(1) :confused:
(2) :8:
(3) Regular is just fine. Premium gives you a slight (but measurable) improvement in efficiency at highway speeds. With the current price of gas it is cost-effective to use premium if you do a lot of highway driving.
(4) I get 16 MPG around town, 22 MPG @ 75 MPH and 29 MPG at a steady 55 MPH.
(5) 3.1415926535 is a "performance" number

The more technically-savvy members can give you better answers to questions 1 and 2.

Enjoy your new MO.

-njjoe
thanks for the input. and since when did Pi become a performance numner?:) its a constant..but never heard of it being a performance number:)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
DOHHHH!!!!

29 MPG at 55... really njjoe? I've got to slow down and try that on a tank of gas. Hopefully I will not get run over while trying.

I'm averaging about 21 MPG at at 80MPH, with maybe 25% non-highway driving.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Gonzo said:
DOHHHH!!!!

29 MPG at 55... really njjoe? I've got to slow down and try that on a tank of gas. Hopefully I will not get run over while trying.

I'm averaging about 21 MPG at at 80MPH, with maybe 25% non-highway driving.
The problem with reporting steady speed MPG is that no vehicle ever gets that number in combined driving. Unless you can magically zip from a standstill to 55mph without using any gas, your overall mileage will be less than that. Imagine this scenario. If you accelerated very slowly to 55mph, say over a quarter mile, and then drove at 55mph for 10 miles, your overall fuel economy would not be 29mpg, but rather 27.7mpg (assuming you got 10mpg while accelerating very slowly). And all this assumes you never have to stop, and starting the engine consumes no fuel!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have seen 27 when driving a constant 60 mph on the freeway. I got this number by resetting the mpg display after I was on the freeway and had driven for some distance. At 70 mph doing the same procedure I get more like 24-25 mpg. While this does not mean you will average these numbers, it does show how speed effects the mpg.

Driving from Seattle to Portland going 60 - 70 mph I usually see about 24.5 mpg overall. My VW Passat 1.8T automatic usually get around 30-31 mpg over the same route. The distance is about 190 miles and it takes about 3 hours + averaging about 60 mph according to the trip computer.

I think the Murano does pretty well considering the power and size difference.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Gonzo said:
Gonzo-

Don't even attempt to try it. It took me about a week to recover. In your case, you risk permanent mental injury. Let's face it, some people are just not meant to drive 55. :D

-njjoe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts