Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I just wanted to say I just picked up my Murano last week and I love it.

Now it's time for some wheel upgrades. I've seen some people on this board with the 22" rim upgrade and that looks nice. However, the big chrome rim is not really my style.

I'm think of going with a 19" or 20 if I can find one, Mesh rim. Maybe like an HP Racing rim like this

http://www.hpracing.com/parts_detail_disp.php?part_no=50-HP16-195-20D&id=49&

Have any of you guys seen this style rim on an MO. Also what size tire would you recommend? I was thinking a 255-55-19 ?? Not sure. Also how thick should I go with a rim 8.5 or 9"?

Any help would be great or even rim manufacturers recommendations.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i've never seen a mesh rim on a MO and personally i think mesh rims are more for BMW's and VW's. in my opinion, a 20 inch rim looks better and i personally like 5 spoke designs because i feel that they give it a sporty look.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, personally I think 22" wheels look much better on the Murano than 20". The wheel wells are so big on the Mo that a 20" still looks like a small wheel, and really doesn't look much different than 18"s.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i absolutely love how 22's look on the MO but considering how expensive they get with tires and how much rougher the ride gets with them, 20's are right in my comfort zone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies.

Well I think Mesh rims not only look good on BMW's etc but they look good on most imports including Japenese cars. This also includes the Fin type variety as well. Personally I think big star type rims 22's look best on American SUV's Yukons, Tahoes, etc. I guess I'll just have to slap one on and see for myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another question for my MO peeps. What's the widest wheel I can get away with. Will a 20 x 9.5 rim fit and sit well on my MO?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts