Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'm one of those guys that always gets new toys. The box I have now is great for SPL, but can get a little sloppy for SQ, so I decided to purchase whats called a Snail Shell. It's a transmission line box, and basically has a really long port. I'll be going with a pair of the new Crystal CMP 8" subs and the box will be tuned to 27hz. 800 watts will be going to them. A couple of things I was impressed with about these subs, is for an 8" sub, they have a one-way Xmax (linear excursion) of 21mm!!! That's downright insane for an 8" sub. Where this is good, is that the more the cone moves outwards the more air it moves, or displaces, effectively producing deeper, louder output. The only sub that I know of that is comparible to it is the JL 8W7, which costs about $400 more. If it is better than the Crystal CMP 8, it is marginal, and definately not worth the extra $$$, especially when we are talking about two of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally a pic of the box with the subs....it's not a very big box for a ported box either. (Usually ported boxes tend/need to be big due to air space requirements.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts