Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am supposed to have a factory rep tech take a look at my vehicle during the week of April 21st. This past weekend, to put a little more mileage on the vehicle and keep mainly to hwy driving, I took a 300-mile trip.

The trip was mostly highway and I averaged 21 mpg. Most of my travel is usually city and I get 15.

While on the trip, I travelled on several miles of dirt washboard road 10-15 mph (posted was 15). Anyway, I hit a chuckhole and the vehicle shutters. Seems the air scoop for the oil cooler got damaged. Had three people in the vehicle. Now the vehicle vibration is obvious.

Backed out of my garage and found a round rubber piece the size of a softball. Took it to the dealer. They look at it, cannot find anything so they suggest I wait on the factory rep (another 11 days).

Going vehicle shopping today...Nissan just doesn't meet my minimum expectations.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap. Living in the Northeast we get a lot of potholes every winter- -some could damage the most quality-made vehicles. I used to drive a German car and definately avoided such holes that could knock a car out of alignment in an instant.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lexus--the high bar that Nissan cannot reach...

I am premature but I test drove a new 04 RX330 and it exudes quality...so do their sales and management people.

Took my Moron-o into a local dealer and they insulted me with its value...perhaps Lexus dealer wants it badly to show off the inadequacies that Nissan provided customers (sold short) in production of the Murano.

Now, I am not bad-mouthing...I am making some valid points. You apparently get what you pay for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts