Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know it's kind of a dumb question because we're talking 6 cylinder versus 8, but. One of my neighbors has an Infiniti FX45, and I find myself making excuses to go outside every time she leaves the street. (OK she is also a gorgeous blond), but I just love the sound coming out the exhaust in those. Is there any way to get any thing close to that sound out of the MO. I'm not talking coffee can exhaust, as I don't think a 46 year old bald guy looks good with those things hanging from the rear end. LOL, just want to know if it's possible or maybe if it is as simple as moding the Infiniti exhaust onto the MO?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I want you to know that I am being very very good at restraining myself. from posting a Plethora of PUNS. I have rarely seen so many straight lines in one post.

·
Registered
438 Posts
A good start is to remove the center resonator and just replace it with a straight pipe. The next step would be to get rid of the cat then to move to a true dual exhaust (not sure if anyone's done that effectively on a transverse mounted engine... not saying you couldn't do it).

As you said, it's going to be hard to have the sound of a V8 coming from our engine.

·
4,601 Posts
The FX doesn't have a CVT, so it will never sound quite the same. Think snowmobile or jet ski... You never hear them shift, because they don't.

If you search, you can find one of the threads where someone has removed the resonator and see what they thought of it.

I'd be uncomfortable with removing the cat, it's there for a reason. Besides, you know that blonde still has her cat... I think you need to go talk to her and ask her how she likes her FX.

Hmmm... Hey, Grip, did you taste blood in your mouth when you responded? I think I'm biting my tongue too hard... There's just so much my brain wants to do with this. Blonde, exhaust, tailpipe, can, cat, ride, fast... I think I better go read the next thread!;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My post obviously had the desired effect. I was trying to put a few smiles on your faces for the holidays and keep things light.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!!! :2: :2: :2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts