Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my Murano, but it's time for some mods. My son says I'm going through a mom mid life crisis 馃槄
. Bought high gloss vinyl and plasti dip. Vinyl for all chrome trim and plasti dip for emblems. Called around for quotes and the average was $1300 in Alberta. That's ridiculous and for $200 I got all the crap I need to do it myself. Watched a lot of YouTube videos. And today is the day !
Anyone have any tips ?
I was also thinking of possibly highlighting part of my factory rims with high gloss black too. (Winter tires and rims on it now)
I'd love some feedback.
Wheel Tire Locking hubs Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Registered
I did similar a while back. It took lots of disassembly to do it right, but the results were worth it. I painted the roof rails black, did the front grill, and all other side and rear chrome in charcoal gray, gun metal plastic dip on the rear badging, and flat black for the wheel emblems. I also bought new front and rear emblems to paint black and then hand painted the lettering red.

Full post on it here
www.nissanmurano.org/threads/project-get-rid-of-the-chrome-completed-color-changed-grille-emblems-roof-rack.223527/#post-745669

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks incredible!
I did similar a while back. It took lots of disassembly to do it right, but the results were worth it. I painted the roof rails black, did the front grill, and all other side and rear chrome in charcoal gray, gun metal plastic dip on the rear badging, and flat black for the wheel emblems. I also bought new front and rear emblems to paint black and then hand painted the lettering red.

Full post on it here
www.nissanmurano.org/threads/project-get-rid-of-the-chrome-completed-color-changed-grille-emblems-roof-rack.223527/#post-745669
Dude, that looks so good ! Amazing job. Love the detail of it all.
I've done gloss black vinyl on all the chrome and mirrors. I'm intimidated by the door handles, still not sure if I can do it.
What do you think about the roof rails ? Should I do them too ? Ignore my ugly winter rims !
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts