Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 7 weeks of MO ownership, I'm pretty happy with the car. However, it is a bit noisy (rattles) for a Japan-built car. The driver's door/window creak... And we have a rather annoying rattle coming from the glove box area.

So I got a little adventurous and tackled the glove box rattle today after the Bears started getting whipped.

I removed the 3 screws right under the hinge of the glove box (Phillips head). I grabbed a flashlight, moved the seat all the way back, and got on my back underneath the glove box. The bottom of the glove box pulls down pretty easy, however there is a hook that you just need to navigate past at the base of the glove box assembly, back towards the firewall.

Ok... So when I was on my back with the flashlight, I opened and closed and/or lightly hit the glove box to make the rattle happen.

***For background, I would hear this rattle when driving, under any road conditions...***

OK, so as I began to pinpoint the location, i noticed it was coming from some type of a computer module. A silver box, mounted in the vertical to the right of the A/C venting. It would sit above your right foot if you're the passenger. When I placed my hand on it, basically applying more pressure to the unit, and open/closed the glove box... No more rattle.

So I took some foam... Maybe 1.5" thick or so, and wedged it between the firewall and the unit. This basically gave the unit some additional support.

VOILA!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
You guys got to be careful pretty soon they won't be much left to complain about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the post! I was having this same problem and did what you mentioned. Now the squeak is gone!

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Xell said:
Thanks for the post! I was having this same problem and did what you mentioned. Now the squeak is gone!

Thanks again!!
Awesome!!! Glad I could be of help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts