Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any issues with noise behind the glove box? I have this annoying rattle/squeak everytime I hit a bump. I have had the MO at the dealer over 10 times for this and they can't figure it out. They hear the noise, but don't know what to do. It is pretty loud. I can hear it even with the radio on.....Any help would be appreciated....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the same noise. Looks like it is happening only when there are -9 C outside. I read on the window rattle thread that some other MO's are experiencing it (their dealer was able to fix it). I am planning to report this next time when I'll service the car.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is so annoying...It happens everytime I hit a bump... I am to the point I can't stand it!! :3: :3: ...When does your noise happen? What does it sound like? Mine happens all time...Whether it is -10 or 50 out....AGH

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is so annoying...It happens everytime I hit a bump... I am to the point I can't stand it!! :3: :3: ...When does your noise happen? What does it sound like? Mine happens all time...Whether it is -10 or 50 out....AGH

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I have the noise too - already have a dealer appt for Wednesday this week. Try opening the glove box while driving, the noise abates somewhat for me when I do that. Yes it is terribly annoying.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine happens when going over bumps as well. It gets better once the car heats up inside. Sounds like plastic rubbing, I assume some loose ducts. Annoying indeed...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine actually gets worse when the glove box is open. They have tried to adjust the duct work...They claimed the noise was caused by the emergency brake cable....Not sure why they said that, but they adjusted it and it didn't do anything. I have had it to the dealer 13 times!! I might contact a lemon law attorney. I love my MO, but can't stand the noise. 3 years down the road it could be a lot worse and affect the resale value of the vehicle....I just don't know what else to do...

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The emergency brake cable! Seems like a random answer to me. I'll report on what I find out from the dealership this week. I'm not expecting much.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks...I am taking mine in on Wednesday yet again!! Does your seems to happen all the time? When it is cold? Warm?AGHHHH:3: :3:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Try wedging your finger between the center consol and the dash right where the 12 volt outlet is and you can stop the rattle I have found. to the driver this rattle sounds like it is coming from the left side but to a passenger it is coming from the front center.

Havent had the time on a cold morning to hunt this one down but I suspect some padding in this area could solve the problem.

In the mean time I just turn up the Cd player ......damn that does not work when it is cold......

·
5,268 Posts
I love the Murano, I love everything about it except the RATTLES! I cannot believe it how Nissan could assemble/design interior in this way...........what ever you touch moves and make an "empty" resonating sound. I am sure all the rattles could have been avoided if somebody inside the Nissan had more foresight and actually put little bit more sound proofing and dampening material in strategic locations............

Dam the bloody beancouters, must have saved 2C manufacturing cost...........:3:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't believe how poorly it was assembled...This is my 4th Nissan and the worst one by FAR!! I have contact a large Lemon Law Firm in PA to represent me.....I love the vehicle, but I can't stand the noises.....AGH!!! I just wish they would fix it so I could enjoy my MO....

·
5,268 Posts
Is this just an impression or all the lemon law claims are related to rattles? If so my opinion of Japanese car manufactures is going to change..........

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know what it is...This is my 4th Nissan..First three have been great....Think all these rattles are grounds for a lemon?? The PA Lemon Law states that anything that affects the saftey, use or VALUE of the vehicle....I know that I wouldn't buy a car that had rattles and such in it

·
Registered
52 Posts
Guys,

I used to experience rattles in my MO until I took it for the 12000km oil change. In addition to an oil change, the tires were inflated to the correct pressure, and rotated.
One thing I have noticed is the rattles have disappeared!
Based on my experience, I suggest you check your tire pressure and have the tires rotated. This might just help.
My 2 cents----Canadian.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wish it was just as easy as checking the air pressure and rotating the tires...I have had that down twice already and all rattles are still present...AGH!! I dropped my MO of last night at the dealer. Nissan is finally sending in one of their master mechanics to look at it...Hopefully they will be able to figure it out....

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Just got back from the dealer. As luck would have it, the glove box noise was absent during the test drive with the technician. The passenger door/window however, rattled so loud it sounded like it was raining outside. I sat and waited...and waited...and waited. Apparently they took the door apart and concluded they did not have a certain grease needed to lubricate the power window regulator. So I'll need to take it in again when they get that in. Like I said before, I didn't expect much from the dealer and thats exactly what I got!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Figures....The grease doesn't do a darn thing...They thought that would fix all my problems and it didn't......They insulated my door and put lots of foam and it did help...Not perfect but it is getting better....Been there 12 times...maybe after 20 they will get it...Good Luck

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bump....Anybody have any luck with getting the glove box rattle fixed yet...??

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I first read reviews of the 3.5 Altima they all raved about the performance and handling of the vehicle but had nothing but disparaging remarks about the cheapness of the interior and the preponderance of noises and rattles! I only wish I had taken that all to heart before buying my mo!This car is grossly overpriced for the quality you receive (or actually dont receive)This suv is a joke for the amount of money spent on it.Fun to drive and reliability will carry this vehicle just so far, after that its pretty much downhill. How long does nissan think it can pull the wool over the consumers eyes with their impressive power train?I really enjoy driving my mo but I am just as amused researching my next vehicle.This time I will spend more time doing my homework and I will not be seduced simply by the looks and the engine!For those of you who want to read nothing but nice things and are turned off by complainers I am deeply sorry but thats life.And for those of you who are going to buy another nissan maybe the company will listen to consumer criticism and make a better suv for you! Afterall, their bottom line should be way up after saving so much $ on the construction of their cars.Just read a review on the Armada which pretty much exposes nissans formula ."Nice powerful suv with lack of attention to interior quality leading to squeaks and rattles" I understand that the maxima has alot more attention paid to interior quality and the car seems to have the entire package ....I sure wish my murano did!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts