·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Checking out threads at Saturnfans.com, I read that the CVT problems they experience are metal to metal scraping sounds, and software issues. One owner who had his "VTi" (thats what they call their CVT models) in for service ended up getting a call saying metal to metal sound is normal for the vehicle - hehe. It is fortunate that despite the general incompetence of Nissan technicians at the dealership, we don't get the line that metal to metal sound is normal for a CVT!

A few months back there was a some speculation that many CVTs were failing. Haven't heard anything about it for a while now, so I am glad that this problem seems to have taken care of itself as Nissan made improvements to the CVT design from Jatco.

·
Registered
180 Posts
When I bought my 03, I have to admit that most of my concerns with the CVT were "calmed" by Nissan's experience with the CVT in their Skyline. I think they've had it in that car, albeit with a different engine and such, for about 16 years or so. Hopefully, most of the generic bugs were worked out long ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts