Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago, while driving from work, i noticed a loud 'kla-chunk' sound from my Murano. Sounded like the CVT I immediately had the dealer come to my house and tow the vehicle to the dealership. My Murano is 9 months old, and I've had numerous problems. Replaced brakes and rotors, a blown heater fan, a constant window rattle, and a premature warping of the armrest. All of this little things I could deal with, but when the transmission went south, I decided to speak up and do some complaining.

I started at the dealership and told them that I wanted them to buy back the car or replace it with a new vehicle. No luck there, so I tried calling Nissan North America. No luck there either, so I decied to call a lawyer.

All of this could be squashed if Nissan would just do the right thing.

I'm currently suing Nissan for under my states lemon law. I'll let you know the outcome.

MrSxy4Ever

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
keep us posted...

Many of us here in the forum do not have the problems you have there all at once, so if the lawyer said you got a case, then i wish you luck.

If you win, will you get another nissan? Or...?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I am in the same boat. I filed suit against Nissan in March....I sure hope my case is setteled soon...

·
4,601 Posts
I had my 2000 maxima transmission fail when it was 18 months old. The dealership replaced it and charged me for the Oil Change, that I requested while it was being serviced.

Too bad Nissan has to be sued, when the Dealer is often the problem.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
milgrad, question for you.

When you file the lawsuit, is the lawyer pro bono and will not need any compensation unless you win the case?

If not, how much is filing this lawsuit against nissan has/will cost you? I know the procedure/details in filing lawsuit in general. I am just not familiar with lawsuit against automobile manufacturer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: keep us posted...

I'm really not out to Screw Nissan. I just want a safe realiable car that I can drive my family around in. If Nissan and it's agents, the dealerships, would do the right thing, then all of the lawsuit stuff would be a non-issue.

If you're interested in filing a lawsuit based the 'Lemon' status of your car, i would go to www.lemonlaw.com. The lawyers are professional and you never pay for anything until the suit gets settled. They're experienced in cases like these and are on the ball. They got the legal paperwork sent out to Nissan within a week. They really know their stuff.

Stay tuned for the outcome of the lawsuit.

[email protected]

·
Registered
419 Posts
I am dealing with a firm that just deals with Lemon Law cases...They do not charge me anything whether we win or not...They collect all fees from Nissan. They only want to take cases that they think they will win to collect the fees....

·
Registered
2 Posts
love/hate relationship

Currently, my Mo is being repaired for the 3rd time in 6 months. It has broken down on me once on a major highway, once 300 miles from home and most recently in my office parking lot. The first time they replace the alternator, the second time they replaced the throttle body (which took over a week to get in - national back order they said) and this time they say alternator again. They also believe that the alternator caused the throttle body to go. I love my Mo so much, I'm at a loss. I want it back but then again I am terrified it will leave me stranded. Can anyone tell me what to expect at this point? Has anyone been on a second alternator and new throttle body? Can someone ease my pain!! :confused: :D

·
4,601 Posts
I'd also be tempted to think that your dealer is faulty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts