Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local dealership to have my airbag cover replaced, and they referred me to the dealership that sold me the car.

That raises a question.

Am I only entitled to be serviced at the dealership that sold me a car or can I get service at any Nissan dealership? I think I should be able to get my vehicle serviced at whatever dealership I want.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
You should be entitled to go to any dealership you want. Now if they referred you back to where you bought it, I would have serious doubts as to their desire to please the customer. They probably don't want warranty work because it doesn't pay them as well, which indicates to me that they care more about money than the customer (you).

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dealer has given me extra perks [free oil changes, free loaners, etc.] because I purchased there. You should be able to have repairs done at any dealer, however.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The 3/30 warranty on your Murano is a NISSAN warranty - not a dealer warranty. As others have noted, you should be able to get your car serviced at any authorized Nissan service center. That said, would you really want to go to a dealer service center that doesn't want your business? Sure, you could force them to, but the results may not be pretty. Just chalk up that dealer to one that has forgotten what the term "customer-service" means and realize that you will never go there until attitudes or management changes. Chances are you'll warn your family and friends away too. Heck, you may even get on some Nissan car enthusiast lists and NAME the dealer ;). What is the dealer going to do? Deny your experience - hardly! :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
I agree with everyone, that you SHOULD be able to go to any Nissan dealer to service your car. But given that they are unwilling to service a car under warranty is just very poor business practice. You would think that if the customer is happy with the warranty service he/she would may likely come back for regaulr service. In the end just stay away from them unless you really need to go there.

We should try to find a contact, mailing address, or email address at Nissan North America who will read our complaints and compliments and hopefully get things changed for the better.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I would also take the time to contact NISSAN and let them know about this dealer that isn't giving you service. Just drop 'em an email... lots of contact info on the nissan website. Dealers get incentives from the factory based on various performance criteria, including service. So, ding 'em for being assholes.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I agree with everyone, that you SHOULD be able to go to any Nissan dealer to service your car. But given that they are unwilling to service a car under warranty is just very poor business practice. You would think that if the customer is happy with the warranty service he/she would may likely come back for regaulr service. In the end just stay away from them unless you really need to go there.

We should try to find a contact, mailing address, or email address at Nissan North America who will read our complaints and compliments and hopefully get things changed for the better. :soapbox:
That my 2 cents.

·
Registered
281 Posts
What if you moved out of state. Nissan is Nissan, wherever!!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you

I actually have to go to the original dealership to pick up my license plates - so I'll bring it up there and see what they do... The only problem is - they are kind of far from home.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I think they are trying to tell you that they don't think the piece is in warranty.....
Maybe they have called NNA, maybe they haven't.

They have never made a dime off of you and they won't under warranty either, so they would rather not argue about warranty. Their position is, take it back to the guy who made a couple of thousand off you and see if he is motivated to fight NNA for you.
As pointed out above, you could force the issue, in the end they have to service the car, but why bother....

Homer

·
Registered
206 Posts
I believe each Nissan dealership is privately owned and thus they reserve the right to not service any vehicle they choose. That said Nissan makes them agree to do warranty work on any Nissan under warranty unless there's an extinuating circumstance. In the end if the dealership does not want to do it they don't have to, but in turn Nissan could pull thier dealership. I agree with the previous posters and would let Nissan Corp. know of the incident and go to another dealer. Good luck!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: Thank you

Spin_Echo said:
I actually have to go to the original dealership to pick up my license plates
Ahaaah, now I can see why they referred you back to the original dealer.... You just bought the car and they feel the dealer sold you a defective item and they should take care of it for you..

I am surprised though. Any dealer would have jumped at the opportunity to draw you in as a new customer in. The money they make is from the service they will sell you, not from selling you the car (just like the popcorn and soda makes the money for theater owners, not the tickets). I am really surprised they did not offer to take care of it for you. After I bought my Honda from Hayward Honda, the San Francisco Honda dealership gave me two months of free car wash and 3 free oil changes. They were smart because I went back to them (even though they were way out of my way) and spent a lot of money there. Even took my toyota there sometimes! Now that is a smart business.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
zebelkhan

I think you have struck upon the problem!!

They are NOT.

GRIP :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts