Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just this week a strong wind caught my door and slammed it into a concrete wall. Damage is the best I could hope for (1 1/2 ft section bent and cracked on the edge) but I got a $600 quote for repair. Basically they want to repaint both the front and back door (not damaged) as to blend to the original paint. Does this sound correct? I understand they need to shoot the whole door, but both? Anyhow - I'm looking for someone to recommend based on experience someone in my area.

Thanks in advance,
Rich Z

·
Registered
301 Posts
I use Fonzis (Fonzarelli's) up in Augusta. Just north of Newton on Rt206. They did a great job on my car. And did it right. Worked to make sure I was happy and satisfied. Talk to Billy, he's the body shop manager. Great guy. Let me know if you need more info.

I'm not sure about your body shop's recommending to repaint your rear door. If blending were the case, he should want to repaint the fendor too. I would think the would be able to match paints perfectly. The only problem I can think of would be uneven fading colors on different parts, which shouldn't be much of a problem since your car is still new.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I didn't get to Fonzi's (1 hour from my house) but did get two more estimates. Same ballpark. Basically they all want to paint both doors as the damage is on the outer edge of the front door. The idea is that paint is hard to match therefore they paint the center of both and blend toward the fenders to make a smooth transistion the eye won't notice. Oh well.

Thanks,
RZ

·
Registered
301 Posts
Good luck with whoever you choose and hope it comes back to you as good as new!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts