Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to get a new set of Goodyears for my M-O (34K and nearing wear bar), but everyone locally and nationally says they are backordered. Goodyear national says they have no idea when they'll be available. What gives? Anyone found any?

I know there are other tire sizes that can be used, but they're wider, and I think they're 55's vs. 65's. Is that right? And, alot more expensive. Anyone found any other options?

Pete

·
Registered
545 Posts
I got a replacement about a month ago from a place called Justtires.
Do you have one on those in your area?
They have a website that allows you to locate and order the tires online.

www.justtires.com

·
Registered
545 Posts
I got this from Justtires.com:

You searched for colorado springs CO
Click on the links below to view detailed Retailer Information or search again.
We’re sorry — there are no Just Tires within the search radius you specified. However, thanks to a relationship with Goodyear, any tires you order online through Just Tires can also be shipped free of charge and installed at participating Goodyear locations.

3 Goodyear locations in Colorado Springs.
They have the tires out here in PA.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Call a couple tire distributers in your area, they should be able to order them for you.

They might have them in-stock or know where to get them.

By me there are so many Mo's on the road, that they carry a bunch or tires in stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Matrixnyc said:
Call a couple tire distributers in your area, they should be able to order them for you.

They might have them in-stock or know where to get them.

By me there are so many Mo's on the road, that they carry a bunch or tires in stock.
Yup. I just replaced mine a month or so ago at Evan's Tire. They had to order them... took 3 days.

According to the tire dude, that particular tire fits the MO and the Infinity only... iow, he didn't want my offcasts.

Weee.

D.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've called all over the place -- not to be had. There is a national back order. Tire Rack doesn't have them, Discount Tire doesn't have them, none of our local Goodyear stores have them. Geez! Hard to believe Goodyear can't manage their supply chain.

Pete

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Supply depends on demand. I guess there isn't much...
Not too many MO with worn out tires yet...

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I was looking at the Goodyear website hoping to gather some info on the Goodyear Eagle LS and was very shocked and surprised to see the rating Goodyear was giving these mediocre tires.

The following is listed on the Goodyear site:

Dry Traction - 6
Wet Traction - 7
Snow Traction - 8
Ride Comfort - 10
Quiet Ride - 10
MSRP - $170

Who do they think they are kidding??

Concerning the stock-out condition... I would think it is the regional distributors/outlets, and not Goodyear, who are responsible. The oldest MOs are now just coming in to be fitted with new skins. In many areas the regional distributors/outlets have not seen a demand for these relatively unique tires until now. They are not going to stock a product unless there is a demand for it. We should notice an increase in availability over the next season or two as more and more MOs come in for new tires.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
COULD be a continuing problem.

As to the GY rating........
The snow rating is obviously bogus.
The rest.........

Well, if you can find a better tire, buy it.
But you can't.

Homer

Goodyear to cut costs up to $1 billion
Company will close plants and import more materials from Asia to offset high raw materials costs.
September 23, 2005: 12:25 PM EDT

Goodyear (Research), the largest U.S. tire maker, said it would cut costs by $750 million to $1 billion over the next three years, taking cash charges of $150 million to $350 million for the restructuring, which will include selling more noncore assets.

"Our turnaround is on track and will continue to evolve," Chief Executive Robert Keegan said in a statement.

Goodyear expects to cut high-cost manufacturing capacity by 8 percent to 12 percent to generate savings of about $100 million to $150 million per year. It did not say how many plants it would close or where they are located.

After a rough 2002 and 2003, Goodyear has been working to turn around its business by focusing on products, dealer relations, cost-cutting and investments in more profitable areas of its business. That helped the Akron, Ohio-based company improve its North American operations in the last two years.

Goodyear reported a profit in 2004 after losses totaling more than $2 billion over the previous two years sparked a previous cost cutting plan of plant closings, job cuts and debt reduction.

But raw material costs are increasing, and the company is facing high pension obligations and debt levels, it said. Rising oil prices in particular have inflated the cost of synthetic rubber and of operating plants and shipping products. Steel prices and natural rubber costs are also up.

Goodyear has sold a resins business and an Indonesian rubber plantation, and the sale of its North American farm tire business is pending. Earlier this week Goodyear said it would consider selling its engineered products business.

Goodyear said it wants to improve segment operating margin to 8 percent for the total company and 5 percent for its key North American Tire unit. In the second quarter, only two smaller units met that overall standard and the North American Tire unit had an operating margin of 2.4 percent.

Goodyear said it is still assessing the impact of Hurricane Katrina on property, inventory and overall operations. Five retail stores are likely to stay closed indefinitely, but the company does not see a material effect from those closings.

Goodyear shares fell 3 cents to $14.97 in light premarket trading on the Inet electronic brokerage network.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
pbeinetti said:
I've tried to get a new set of Goodyears for my M-O (34K and nearing wear bar), but everyone locally and nationally says they are backordered. Goodyear national says they have no idea when they'll be available. What gives? Anyone found any?

I know there are other tire sizes that can be used, but they're wider, and I think they're 55's vs. 65's. Is that right? And, alot more expensive. Anyone found any other options?

Pete
Correct me if i am wrong, but since you are geeting new tires, why dont you change brand/model/fitment? Why you still stick with the eagle LS? YOu can always get different size tire to fit that 18" wheels as long as the rolling diameter does not change....Unless there are no other tires available for our MO, even diff size ones?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wider tires are not as good in the snow. I live in Colorado. I assume 55's ride harder than 65's -- the M-O already rides hard. I would think the 235/65/18 is the best tire for me. Unfortunately Goodyear is the only supplier -- within a reasonable cost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts