Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a deep scratch right above my door handle so a I am reminded of of each time I open the door.

So, does anyone recommend using the Langka process?

At $39 I would like to know if it's worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
792 Posts
What is Langka?

I'd try to buff it out - see if it will at least minimize.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Yes Langka will work.

There are two issues with Langka.

One is metallic paint.
It will be no better than the touch up paint, and touch up paint is notorious for not having the same metallic content as your original paint.

The other is technique.
Along about your second or third scratch, you get pretty good with it. At least I did. So practice on another car can help. It helped me.

After I finished my Miata, which had a total of 5 or 6 areas of Chips and 1 scratch, the car won first place in the Ft Pierce FL Concours (Multiple coats of Zaino) in 2001 in it's class.

What Langka is:
It is a "system that allows you to touch up chips and scratches using techniques and materials that are similar to those used by a professional body man. However it is no good for dents. etc. It is just a Paint finishing system.
You can fail.
My first scratch (That I tried on my Chrysler), didn't look good at all. My daughter, OTOH did her first scratch like a pro. She is a good deal more "artistic" than I. But after I got the hang of it, (Patience being a key) I did well.
I have seen some jobs done with a heavy metallic paint that looked like crap. Because the touch up paint didn't match.

I like it.
I recommend it.

Homer

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I'll give it a try. Have to do something.

I'll post results.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have used lanka on my sheer silver, and it really is tough to get the same metallic sheen over a touched up area, or over a sctratch. I think lanka is a solution of laquer thinner and rubbing coumpound...but that's just a guess.

It is also true that you do get better with practice. With the sheer silver I find the touch up paint works better with a little laquer thinner mixed into the bottle then do multiple very thin almost translucent coats...someone swiped my front fender in a parking lot left a black paintless area the size of my thumb. I am still working on it, but it's at the point now where it is not obvious unless you are right in front if it..hopefully that will change with more refinement of my "technique"...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Anyone know if this stuff (langka) would be available at most auto stores or is it a specialty internet type item?

Thanks in advance
Bob1

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info.

I just don't want to make matters worst. Maybe I just put a decal there of my initials.

Just don't know what else to do.

EdMPT said:
I have used lanka on my sheer silver, and it really is tough to get the same metallic sheen over a touched up area, or over a sctratch. I think lanka is a solution of laquer thinner and rubbing coumpound...but that's just a guess.

It is also true that you do get better with practice. With the sheer silver I find the touch up paint works better with a little laquer thinner mixed into the bottle then do multiple very thin almost translucent coats...someone swiped my front fender in a parking lot left a black paintless area the size of my thumb. I am still working on it, but it's at the point now where it is not obvious unless you are right in front if it..hopefully that will change with more refinement of my "technique"...
:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts