Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Windy City MO :)
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this morning that my company's Human Resources Manager drove in a Honda Pilot today. I thought he had an Accord until I saw the Pilot. Well, it turns out that he bought it for his wife 3 months ago and decided to drive it to work.

I went to his office and we talked for a few minutes, about SUVs, then I asked him to let me take a peek inside. We see each other at the gym every morning, and once in a while we work out together, so I would consider us to be friends as well as co-workers.

Anyway, he gave me the keys and I spent about 5 minutes checking it out.

I know Honda is known for reliability but their styling is quite boring. Nothing about the interior (or exterior) excited me....and I mean NOTHING. It was very bland. The seats are not as comfortable as ours and although it has third row seating, it appears that only small children can fit back there.

Overall, it's an "okay" vehicle but I like a little more styling on the wild side. :2:

·
4,664 Posts
Good to know OG... I can't understand how people get sucked into the third row seating marketing, like it's a desirable thing. I was really happy the MO didn't have it!!! I'd rather have two really comfortable rows than three cramped ones.

·
Windy City MO :)
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jaak said:
Good to know OG... I can't understand how people get sucked into the third row seating marketing, like it's a desirable thing. I was really happy the MO didn't have it!!! I'd rather have two really comfortable rows than three cramped ones.
I'm with you on that one. If I needed to haul more than 5 bodies around, I would have bought a mini-van.

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, or a bus!:eek:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Boring, and one saving grace

The Pilot reminded me of a bus... I will give it one thing: the engine is powerful, and it moves when requested.

Torque steering whatever was bad on the one I tried. I'd have to be very careful in a Pilot.

Big windows (just like a bus). Great visibility (just like a bus).

... and as far as rear passenger comfort, esp. in the 3rd row goes, if anyone doesn't like the free ride in the vehicle that I chose for MY comfort, well...

what's the word?

Oh, yes... they can take the bus!

·
Registered
3 Posts
jaak said:
You see thats where you are wrong! both front and middle seats are very, i mean very comfortable. so spacious you could get lost in there and as far as the third seat, its for children, but at least you have an option. and as far as styling, honda market as a family, outdoorsy suv not meant to be driven on the wild side. I own both.. i drive the mo and wife drives the pilot qnd its great on gas and drives nicer than my mo.. great on long trips

·
Registered
163 Posts
i'd believe him... the pilot is similar to the mdx, and with the ride that the mdx has compared to the mo... it's probably better... not better than the MDX!!!!! MUHAHAHAHA! pilot is no match for the X! ( that was for all my acuramdx.org people! hondapilot.org cant compete!) hehe!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Murano_MDX said:
i'd believe him... the pilot is similar to the mdx, and with the ride that the mdx has compared to the mo... it's probably better... not better than the MDX!!!!! MUHAHAHAHA! pilot is no match for the X! ( that was for all my acuramdx.org people! hondapilot.org cant compete!) hehe!
You're right there. acuramdx.org has 10 times the number of irrelevant, useless posts as hondapilot.org. Come on, the 'word association thread', and a discussion on camel toes and hot babes. While those threads are fun, they aren't very useful when wanting information and help with your vehicle.:2:

·
Registered
777 Posts
mo_mdx I know I shoudl probably just stay quite, I don't want to ruffle your feathers again, but what's your opion on that 3rd seat? :D

IOAHP - and what's wrong with having a little fun? Haven't you ever heard all work & no play makes a very boring board! :2:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I test drove the Pilot and the Highlander the same day as the MO(that is how we spent our 13th anniversay, exciting eh:p)

Pilot comfortable? Nothing memorable for me about that. The MO really seemed to stand out in power and comfort, but to each his/her own! You folks that own both, should be more expert, but I must disagree (Pilot had a lot of road noise and cheap interior-we had a CRV SE previous to the MO, love the resale values though!)

Also, Murano_MDX you need to start a thread over on freshalloy.com FX board "Should I buy the Acura MDX or FX 35?" Just for fun
:D

·
Registered
400 Posts
I drove both the Pilot and the MO back-to-back

The Pilot is actually a very nice vehicle. It's what you would expect from Honda... comfortable, good ergonomics and a good value.

What made me pick the MO instead of the Pilot? Well, I've driven sporty cars all my life and I put an emphasis on handling and performance and this is an area the MO really shines in. Also, I rarely have to carry more than 5 people, so the larger back seat area of the MO better suited my needs.

The Honda Pilot is a very good vehicle, but probably one that's more oriented to comfort and silky smooth ride. I liked it very much. But in the end, I knew (for myself) I would get bored not being able to push it fairly hard in some of the turns on my commute to work. The Murano does an admirable job cornering. I think the Murnao pulls .81 g on the skidpad, whereas the Pilot (clearly tuned for comfort, which it does very well) pulls .74 g.

One down-side to the Pilot: A sunroof isn't availble with any package. I really wish Honda would include a sunroof! But I don't think it would have swayed my decision to buy the Murano.

Bob K.

'03 MO SE AWD, Glacier Pearl/Cafe Latte, Nav, VDC, Cold, Prem
'97 Audi A4 2.8QMS, Eibach springs, Neuspeed rear swaybar
'84 Mustang SVO (more mods than I care to 'fess up to)
'87 Mazda RX-7 (my late father's only sports car)

·
Registered
163 Posts
haha i love the controversies i create! copperstreak, that is a great idea! ksmurano... yes the third row seats are a joke, but they're made for children and they have come in handy with me... so to each his/her own :p and IOAHP aka I Own A Honda Pilot, um... worthless posts like hottest babe? dude um ur pretty dull... that forum has to be THE BEST forum for a car, if it's not show me which one is, cuz hondapilot.org, whlie a good site, does not come even close to the depth of knowledge, expertise, and devotion on that site, so dont even say anything... I'll get all those guys to come here and yell at you all! :p nothing against this site, it's just starting out, and acuramdx.org is a great model to this website. that forum is not just for the mdx, it's somewhere were us owners can get together and discuss ANYTHING we want... and that's what makes it fun, not that it the ACURA MDX site, because we dont talk about our MDX the whole time, we're not obsessed, ok well SOME of us arent, we love our cars, but share similar interests on that board and we just chill there... so unless you can show me a better board, dont bother commenting on the best car forum in the world... acuramdx.org, nothing comes close... btw... i'm gonna post this link @ acuramdx.org

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's probably a Mac thing

Murano_MDX:

It is probably a Mac thing, but those banners of yours prevent my browser from scrolling. If your banners are visible, I cannot scroll through the messages.

For the Pilot:

The desert island test: If I were stranded on a desert island, and could have any car I wanted, as long as it was a Highlander or a Pilot, I would take the Pilot.

I would take a Pilot over any sedan (except maybe a Nissan Altima or Maxima), and over any 4-banger SUV.

I'm in the mood to say good things about Pilot today, because the only good thing about it was you could see clearly all around. That would not last long, because I would have to tint all that glass.

The only other thing is that it was one of few with an engine that could pull the vehicle it was in (rules out Tribute, Pacifica, Highlander, Rav4, CR-V, and many others).

It had comfy seats. It was the price of a Murano. Oops, decision taken!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having a good time is great, I enjoy the party as much as the next guy, but that isn't the only thing that makes a site great. It's the members, and the information that I think makes a site great. I'd put up the H-P.org site against the MDX site any day. While I haven't ventured over there in a while the last I saw there were some very good posts at MDX. This MO site, while still young, is showing some promise as well. Overall, the admins and mods are doing a great job with these sites, all are the best organized, and most easily navigable sites I've seen (not that I've seen a lot).
Lots of posts, lots of interest, lots of info and lots of fun, nothing wrong with that.
I still gotta hold up my site as #1 though.:D

As for the MO vs Pilot, I haven't driven a MO yet. Only really saw one for a few minutes. For me the Pilot was the clear winner. I have a couple of kids and can really use the extra room and even use that mini third row once in a while. Honda builds quality vehicles that last a long time and hold the resale value better than most.

If styling were more important to me, and if I didn't sometimes need that third row, the MO would have been the choice for me. The only thing that concerns me about the MO is how the styling is going to stand the test of time. I'd hate for it to go the way of the PT Cruiser or the new bug. Looked great when it first came out but now...
Styling - MO wins, for now
Speed - MO
Handling - MO
Usability - Pilot
Quality - Pilot (in my opinion)
Off road (yeah, right) - Pilot
Fit and finish - Incomplete, I didn't really get a good look at the MO.
First year build quality - gotta go with the Pilot because of the time tested platform of the Odyssey and MDX which the Pilot shares.

Both the MO and the Pilot had the first year pains, a rattle here, a thump there. Both overall are great vehicles if it serves your purposes.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Life is for living

As for the MO vs Pilot, I haven't driven a MO yet..

Drive one.

You may be one of the unfortunate among us who are not "MO people". It's okay. You are allowed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
IOAHP said:
Having a good time is great, I enjoy the party as much as the next guy, but that isn't the only thing that makes a site great. It's the members, and the information that I think makes a site great. I'd put up the H-P.org site against the MDX site any day. While I haven't ventured over there in a while the last I saw there were some very good posts at MDX. This MO site, while still young, is showing some promise as well. Overall, the admins and mods are doing a great job with these sites, all are the best organized, and most easily navigable sites I've seen (not that I've seen a lot).
Lots of posts, lots of interest, lots of info and lots of fun, nothing wrong with that.
I still gotta hold up my site as #1 though.:D

As for the MO vs Pilot, I haven't driven a MO yet. Only really saw one for a few minutes. For me the Pilot was the clear winner. I have a couple of kids and can really use the extra room and even use that mini third row once in a while. Honda builds quality vehicles that last a long time and hold the resale value better than most.

If styling were more important to me, and if I didn't sometimes need that third row, the MO would have been the choice for me. The only thing that concerns me about the MO is how the styling is going to stand the test of time. I'd hate for it to go the way of the PT Cruiser or the new bug. Looked great when it first came out but now...
Styling - MO wins, for now
Speed - MO
Handling - MO
Usability - Pilot
Quality - Pilot (in my opinion)
Off road (yeah, right) - Pilot
Fit and finish - Incomplete, I didn't really get a good look at the MO.
First year build quality - gotta go with the Pilot because of the time tested platform of the Odyssey and MDX which the Pilot shares.

Both the MO and the Pilot had the first year pains, a rattle here, a thump there. Both overall are great vehicles if it serves your purposes.
Points well taken

·
Registered
777 Posts
MO_MDX maybe some day this site we'll have the same problems as your other site (the MDX site) has been having lately!

Warning: mysql_connect(): User [email protected] has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/acuramdx2/www/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

What a nice problem to have. ;) "more than max users"

·
Registered
163 Posts
haha yes! i'd love to have that problem here too! actually the admin is trying to get the host server to increase the amount of users allowed (fingers crossed!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: Life is for living

rainbowfarm said:
As for the MO vs Pilot, I haven't driven a MO yet..

Drive one.

You may be one of the unfortunate among us who are not "MO people". It's okay. You are allowed.
I would, but... as unlikely as it might be, I'd hate to find out that I made the wrong decision.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Well, the problem is here, just got this:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/murano/www/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Hmm...only 10 people...:8:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts