Nissan Murano Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Drove the Pilot (and the Higlander too) before buying the Murano.

Some things are just not avaiable on the Pilot at ANY price.

No Traction Control. (Opt on MO)
No Tire Pressure Monitor (Opt on MO)
No Side Curtain Air bags (Standard front and rear MO)
No Dynamic stability control (Opt on mO)

Brakes are only "average". MO is outstanding.

I doubt the Pilot HP/ Torque ratings A Mo will absolutely KILL a Pilot on acceleration.

The pilot doesn't like to change directions. The MO is very quick to change directions. The Pilot, like many SUVs is rather easy to rollover IMO.

So, In toto, fpr performance, the Murano far exceeds the Pilot.

The second seat is good on both. But the Murano is actually more comfortable.
The third seat on the Pilot is OK for Kids. and is an advantage if you need more than seating for 5.

Looks/styling is personal of course, but
If you want to look like every other truck looking SUV - Pilot
If you want to look more modern than a 1985 Bronco - Murano

The performance and style of the Murano easily KO'd the Honda for me.

I DID like th Pilot a bit more than the Highlander which is just plain dangerous to drive IMO. Although the Highlander is a nice straight ahead, non performance oriented vehicle if you can ignore the possibility of rollover.

Quality - I swear, I don't understand this.
Many road testers claim that the Honda or the Highlander have a higher quality interior.
I just don't see it.
I rate them all the same in this category. Different, a lot different, but the same quality of materials, etc.
(I'm not even sure HOW you compare a good quality plastic in a Pilot to Pure Aluminum in a Murano.)

Homer

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
"She sent him to buy a Honda Pilot.........."

That's an interesting commentary. I will assume that it is not a social statement regarding Pilot owners in general.

Homer

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
ok

im a true honda fan.... they (hondas and acuras) have been in my family since the mid-to-late 1980's....

the pilot is a well established, designed, and executed vechicle.... it has to be... its a re-badged MDX, with different front fascia and sideskirting.... (amongst a few sublte interioir dash differences)

but thats where the praise ends....... (sorry mdx/pilot owmers) you are payin alot of $$ for the very similarly-shaped design suv... i mean, i say the shape/look of the pilot is within 17% of the same lines/curves of the typical SUV's making it look a bit, wel, predictable (if not boring).... where hona dropped the ball is in the similar styling of the CRV and the pilot..... one has to double-take to tell the difference..... (whereas the poricetage is almost double!!)

i think the MO is great... i remember the FIRST day i saw it...... i was overwhelmed..... had to follow the car as much as i could...... called my Mom and told here i saw my new car on the road (after having jus bought a loaded trooper 4x4 a year ago)

so i answered the call of the wold two weeks ago..........

now the addiction really begins.,......

21 - 25 of 25 Posts