Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been busy with Thanksgiving, family, etc. Our 05 SL AWD was delivered last Wednesday. No issues so far... :) Gas mileage is sucking, hope it gets better with time. Thanks for all the help.

·
4,601 Posts
You may observe the following at stop lights...

You're at the front, the light turns green, you accelerate at a nice leisurely pace. You look around, no one's around you. You look in the rear view mirror and there they all are, way back!

Welcome to the joys of the CVT! It's so smooth, you're actually accelerating faster than you suspected and eating more gas than you could be.

At least that's what happened to me. What did I do about it? Stopped looking at the price, when I filled up.

It should also improve a bit as the engine breaks in.:D

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have only had mine a few days too but the gas mileage is not bad at all. If you drive with cruise control, the computer shows the mileage will come down.

I am trying to vary my revs and speed though as suggested by others during break in. I am willing to wear some bad gas mileage during this time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's a good point about the milage in town. I reset the mpg this weekend, and averaged 26.7 and climbing on a 4 lane highway locked on cruise, on premium 91 - but here's the kicker, I was only doing about 103kph or about 63 mph. For about 2.5 hours.

From what I can gather, that's way too slow for most of the guys around here, and they all cheerfully submit to the 'entertainment tax' at the pumps.

We all tend to forget we are moving a 6.5 ft vehicle that weighs over 4000 lbs and has a transfer case (well, for the se's in canada).

I was very pleased with the milage yesterday, as that included a 'lapse' into 'D' to get out of a 'truck rodeo'. :cool: That 3.5 really wakes up at about 5grand!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts