Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 04 Glacier Pearl MO yesterday, and am having 2nd thoughts.

Picked up ...

04 Mo Glacier Pearl SL Leather pkg ($3500)
Floor mats
Cargo mat'
mudflaps.

MSRP: $34210
Invoice: $31270
Paid: $$30422

They also had a Silver one with the SL Touring pkg ($4300), mats, cargo, mudflaps, sunroof wind deflector, and roof crossbars for $900 more. Now I'm thinking that for $900 I get heated seats, mirrors, memory, and HID's. That's pretty good for $900. I can do the trade since the paperwork is not done yet, I'm driving the first one on a dealer plate till Monday (dealer is a decent guy and I'm a good customer).

What do you guys think?? Should I upgrade to the Touring model? So far love the MO.

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sounds like a good bang for the buck, but it's really an individualistic matter. Would you really make use of the other items? The difference in the monthly payment is very small. I say go for it, unless, you prefer white over silver. There's seems to be a lot of silver MOs out there, and the white ones aren't as common... (LOL!!! me being one of them with a silver MO with just standard stuff)

·
Registered
65 Posts
For $900, I'd go for it.

I was all set to get Glacier Pearl when I purchased my Murano, until I looked at it up close. I'm a big white car fan and the Glacier Pearl just doesn't do it for me. I don't like the glitter in the paint. To me, it makes the car look feminine, especially with that latte interior.

Good luck in your choice, I'm sure you'll be happy either way.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a tough one, it seems like you get an awful lot for the 900. THe HID's alone are probably worth twice that. THe heated seats and mirrors don't mean anything to me but the memory function of the seats/mirrors/pedals is definitely tempting.

The deal that I've gotten is so good I think I almost can't not do it.

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way my Mo has about 300 miles on it and the MPG according to the computer is 12.9 --- bummer.

Can't wait till it breaks in.

·
Registered
170 Posts
revhigh,

Yeah, I was getting between 11.5 to 15 mpg just after I bought my MO. At nearly 1,400 miles now, I'm getting about 17 mpg with mixed city/hwy driving. If I reset my computer once I'm on the freeway doing 60 mph, I noticed I'm getting 30+ mpg. Too bad we can't go 60 mph straight out of the garage, eh?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just bought my Murano yesterday and paid $28995 w/ Touring, roof rail cross bars, splash guards, sunroof deflector, cargo mat, floor mats and painted pin stripes. You should be able to get a similar deal. Here's the link for the price.
http://www.ingrampark.com/NissanAd03.pdf

Good luck,
Edward

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sounds like it largely depends on the sun roof (if anything). I'm fairly tall and really disliked the Mo's roof being so close to my head on the one sun roof equiped model I've test driven. YMMV.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you can deal with the color change, I'd go it. IMHO the Hid's alone are worth the additional $$'s. The memory seats/pedals are a nice option, and if you live in a cold climate the heated seats are really nice in the winter time. My wife won't have a vehicle without it.

I've got 1500 miles on mine so far, been averaging 18 city, 23-24 highway. Love mine so far. I traded in a 2 year old Audi and the MO is actually quieter than the Audi, plus has tons more room.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I just got my Mo yesterday too. I paid $32,444

2004 Murano SL AWD
Sunlit Copper/Cabernet Leather
SL Touring Package
Chrome Wheel Package
Sunroof Wind Deflector
Splash Guards
Carpeted Floor Mats
Cargo Area Protector

·
Registered
747 Posts
revhigh

Faced with your choices I would have to go for the 900.00 more and get the silver (even though I like the white better). By the way, welcome to the club.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks All,

I did make the decision to upgrade. Went with the silver SL AWD Touring package with cargo, mats, flaps, and crossbars. Total price was 31500, not bad I thought. Car listed for 35250 + about 450 for supposed paint sealant and wheel locks.

THe new one is silver /black leather, instead of Glacier Pearl with cafe latte. It';s a nice change as my 03 Max SE was Pearl with cafe latte. THe black interior is nice ... I'm sure it'll be hotter than the tan in the heat of the sun, but that's just something we'll have to deal with. I really liked the white, but as I was washing the Max prior to trade, boy does that white get stained. THat's one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to another color. The white is very pretty, but damn near impossible to match. I got the factory touch up paint and it wasn't even close.

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts