Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a year of neglect (meaning no wax), I finally decided to pay a detail shop to have it done. They used the Collinite wax and I was very pleased when it was delivered (they pick the car up and drop it off). It's color was popping and the paint actually looked brighter. What a shine! :cool:

These are the results:


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Beautiful detailing job, I'll bet you turn heads while driving it now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. A group of people from my work were admiring it that day. Some even decided to get there car detailed as well. Funny... he has a Mo too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
purty!

The first thing I did when I bought my Mo; used; was have it fully detailed.

the wax,buff,detail made it look like it was brand new.


Fortunately my Mo is garaged and rests in a parking deck at work so the only real damage being done is while driving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Looks great. Any chance they will pick up your Mo and deliver it to me in NY nice and perty like that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
phoneboy6 said:
Looks great. Any chance they will pick up your Mo and deliver it to me in NY nice and perty like that?
Not a problem if they came back with yours. I was thinking about the upgrade to the 06 anyways. :D

Seriously, it is nice to have your car picked up looking like crap and delivered looking showroom clean....that is until you fork over the cash. But, for me it was worth it. I also had them wax the rims - they are much easier to keep clean now.


One more pic:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
:29: Looks good!

-njjoe
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,226 Posts
How much did it cost, if you don't mind? I've been thinking of a full detail job and would like a ballpark figure.

Also, did this include interior detailing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
biggun said:


Not a problem if they came back with yours. I was thinking about the upgrade to the 06 anyways. :D

Seriously, it is nice to have your car picked up looking like crap and delivered looking showroom clean....that is until you fork over the cash. But, for me it was worth it. I also had them wax the rims - they are much easier to keep clean now.


One more pic:

Mine is the Merlot one
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Wowza! That is a beautiful shine you have there. I ended up going to Collinite wax website, and found that there are no distributers here in Kansas. Bummer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
Nerty Nert

I bought my Collinite off of the Web. I found a merchant and just placed the order and it showed up on my Doorstep about a week later. I cannot remember who it was from but it may have been directly from the manufacturer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,477 Posts
Dang, I missed this post earlier and just got a look-see at those photos. Did I say Dang! Looks great and reminds me that I need to shine mine up.
Bob1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Re: Nerty Nert

pcs15394 said:
I bought my Collinite off of the Web. I found a merchant and just placed the order and it showed up on my Doorstep about a week later. I cannot remember who it was from but it may have been directly from the manufacturer.
Well, needless to say, since I was so impressed with biggun's results, I found an online dealer via Amazon. I placed my order last night for Collinite #845 last night (after reading some other members fantastic results using it). I thought I would never say this (after remembering the horror of waxing the parents car for spending money back in the ol' days), but I can't wait to wax my car :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Corin said:
How much did it cost, if you don't mind? I've been thinking of a full detail job and would like a ballpark figure.

Also, did this include interior detailing?
The cost was $180 and included wash, wax, interior shampoo and dressing. Most importantly, it included the waxed rims and wheel dressing. I don't no how they did it without taking off the wheels, but the rims were clean enough to eat off of on the inside portions.

The only thing I emphasized on to the detailer was DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN OR CLUSTER PANEL. I didn't want them to scratch them (which is very easy to do). Once they are scratched, they look like crap. He got the point.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,226 Posts
Wow. Awsome. Not at all bad for $180!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all of the compliments. :)
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top