Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the sunlit copper, cabernet leather int, sunroof, and all the other bells and whistles except the Nav, DCS, and towing package.

If you are here, you probably love the Murano, so I won't go on and on about the head turning and the neighbors running over and crawling through it rubbing everywhere with the oohs and aaahs!

I had prepped myself mentally for the painful meeting with the finance manager so we could get out quickly and drive! I was successful in avoiding all those protection products, and though I don't think the extended warranty is a bad deal (he took it down to $970), I just don't do those.

One thing that griped me was something they call theft registration (?). It is allready on the vehicle and paperwork, maybe just a service to look up stolen parts as I think the vehicles might already have these numbers etched into the glass. Regardless it was $199 in addition to the paperwork fee of $299! I remember in 97' the fee at Mitsubishi was around $60, at Honda in 2000 it was $150. I got the vehicle for about $700 over invoice but we had to search for it, and ended up finding one in port.

Everything is just awesome. I did put on a stoneguard, rear bumper protector, and had the floor mats before I had the car. I will get a clear bra for the front as well (below deflector). I like the look of the stone deflector with the sunroof deflector, although I understand how others would prefer clean lines and have opted to remove the sunroof deflector. No dissapointments and plenty of nice suprises.

I did not know previously it had the built in garage door opener, the dimming rear view mirror, and a few other minor niceties like the extending visor. This vehicle is primarily my wife's car (I get the 97' Montero which is a little thrashed), but I have been offering to take it out and get the insurance today (note, you can do that on the phone ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently it is a Texas thing also. MusicMan mentioned it as "theft proofing" in another thread:

MusicMan said:
...They will give it to me for 100 over invoice, but also transportation fees bringing it from Omaha, NE to Dallas, and they also insist on the Dealer add ons (paint protection, scotch guard, and theft proofing for $698...
I really enjoyed driving it today (got insured). I did have quite a time this evening getting the built in opener to work my garage. In the end, I had to experiment outside the instructions. Following them precisely did not work. If anyone else has problems getting the MO remote to take a "rolling"/post 96 opener code, let me know.

Also, the manual says something about closing the hood gently. On our vehicle it will most definitely not close if you try to close it gently. Only a swift, hard drop will latch it completely? Is something wrong here? Not too worried just curious.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can't get the rolling garage thing to work either ... it does not act like the manual or the card says ... nor does it act like the website says. Both of which are different by the way

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
getting the remote to work...

In short, you need to get the opener button you are going to program on your "Homelink" system to flash rapidly. That means it has pulled in the signal from your remote, but you have a rolling code (anything after 96') so you are not done yet.

The instructions indicated you need to clear the memory by holding down the two outer buttons until you get a slow blink going to a solid light. All I could get pushing the two outer buttons down (simultaneously) was a quick flashing light that would eventually turn off.

1. Hold those two outer buttons until you get the quick blinking light and let go.

2. Point your remote at the homelink system and click your remote button while holding down whichever Homelink button you want to program (either of the two homelink buttons on the left of your mirror).

3. The light should turn go from a slow blink to a rapid blink (or was it rapid light to solid?) Anyway, at that change of status it is ready to pick up the code from "learn" or "program" from the reciever box (the opener on the roof of your garage).

4. Hit the "learn" or "program" button on that garage box, and you have 30 seconds to firmly push the Homelink button on your mirror for the button you want to program (either of the two homelink buttons on the left of your mirror). Push it up to three times and it should go solid, or change status and your garage door should start operating at that same moment (confirming success).

If this does not work, try clicking your remote at your homelink system while doing step #1 and if the light goes solid, continue to step #3.

Sorry if this is confusing, but I tried several things, and what I know for sure is step 1 in the instructions did not bring up a solid or slow blinking light, so you can't just continue to the rolling code instructions. You need to point your remote at the homelink system and get that change of status while pushing down either of the two left Homelink buttons you want to program THEN push your "learn" or "program" button on your garage box and QUICKLY get back to your mirror and firmly press that same button up to three times (till it starts operating your door).

Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts