Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yippee..... called the dealer, they said they've already had several towed in...

"On some 2003-2005 Nissan Murano vehicles, there is a possibility that a wire breaking inside the alternator could stop the battery from charging. If this happens, the charge warning and brake indicator warning lamps will immediately come on and the battery will begin to discharge. After a short time, the engine will go into a "fail safe" condition, which will limit vehicle speed. Very shortly after this, the engine will stop running. This could result in a crash."

Beautiful, huh?

Problem is... the vehicle is on the road now with the wife.

Has this gone out on anyone? Dealer said they run the number on the alternator - so all are not effected. What a PITA.

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts
i got my letter today as well.

i am scheduled for my audio check up tomorrow. so i will leave my Mo for the day and have them check my alternator as well.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
jimb said:
Has this gone out on anyone? Dealer said they run the number on the alternator - so all are not effected. What a PITA.
Ah yea.... many. Do a search for Alternator Failure and you will find a boat load.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Got mine Saturday...have yet to call.....

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I have not gotten a letter yet but even when I do I'm not going to rush in to have it done. I'm keeping my fingers crossed until I have it replaced.

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts
took my MO into dealership for the audio problem. also talked to the dealer about the letter i got and he said, he doesnt has the part in stock and will order one for me.
i thought that the replacement would be done only if necessary but if they are ordering the part then they might as well replace it ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I mentioned earlier - wife's on the road. I called the local Nissan dealer where she is - they said bring it in tomorrow - they'll give us a loaner and take care of it.

Not bad...

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
My co-worker with a 03 MO got her letter but not me. She thinks the 03 cars get their letter sooner. I have not kept track....Is that true?

·
Registered
113 Posts
zebelkhan said:
My co-worker with a 03 MO got her letter but not me. She thinks the 03 cars get their letter sooner. I have not kept track....Is that true?
I've got an '03, and I haven't received my letter yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got my letter on AUG 2nd. Had alternator replaced yesterday along with the 30,000 mile service. All with NO HASSELS. (I love my service rep @ westlake motors NISSAN!)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Got my letter about a week ago and I have an 05 so I don't think they went by year. Had it done today and didn't take quit 2 hours.

:D

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Ohio Murano said:
Got my letter about a week ago and I have an 05 so I don't think they went by year. Had it done today and didn't take quit 2 hours.
:D
That is only because your are a peace officer......:D

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would say if they knew that they would have probably just left the old one in, hoping that I would break down. :2:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Had a bad one. Car dropped off 9 a.m., ready at noon - new alternator. They even washed the damned thing.

Excellent dealership -

University Motors
Morgantown, West (BY GOD) Virginia.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Do you need to wait for a notification, or can you just ask your svc. mgr. if you are affected and get it done to avoid a possible on the rd. breakdown?

·
Registered
47 Posts
My dealer is still out of the loop on this recall. They say they haven't heard anything yet. My VIN ends in 403286. Shouldn't I have received a recall notice by now, and shouldn't the dealer know what's going on?
'05 SL AWD

1 - 20 of 28 Posts