Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Z-tube with pop charger installed on the 05. I had to go to the auto parts store to get a longer hose. The one that comes off the valve cover is to short. The Mo feels a lot quicker, but the sound at low speed sucks. Sounds like a sick animal.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
STLMO said:
Got the Z-tube with pop charger installed on the 05. I had to go to the auto parts store to get a longer hose. The one that comes off the valve cover is to short. The Mo feels a lot quicker, but the sound at low speed sucks. Sounds like a sick animal.
Can you take pictures? Other's are dying to know how this all fits together before they buy a Z-tube.

The pop charger does sound sick if you accelerate just the "wrong" amount. I find you need to be gentle until the torque converter locks up, or step on it a fair bit harder to make it growl instead.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Got Z-tube installed

Tyler_Canada said:

Can you take pictures? Other's are dying to know how this all fits together before they buy a Z-tube.

The pop charger does sound sick if you accelerate just the "wrong" amount. I find you need to be gentle until the torque converter locks up, or step on it a fair bit harder to make it growl instead.

Here are some pictures for you.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1979&papass=&sort=1

http://www.nissanmurano.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1980&papass=&sort=1

·
Registered
168 Posts
STLMO,

Did it come w/ a Heat Shield? The pic I saw at Ultimate did as advertised. If so, I guess it wouldn't fit, right?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Hmm, with the filter positioned like that (with the end against the side of the engine bay) I would imagine the airflow would be reduced more than the Z-tube would increase it. Maybe not as good as just a pop charger in other words.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grfg8r said:
STLMO,

Did it come w/ a Heat Shield? The pic I saw at Ultimate did as advertised. If so, I guess it wouldn't fit, right?
No, it did not come with a heat shield.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:
Hmm, with the filter positioned like that (with the end against the side of the engine bay) I would imagine the airflow would be reduced more than the Z-tube would increase it. Maybe not as good as just a pop charger in other words.

The Z-tube doesn't really increase airflow. The idea is that it smooths out the air flowing through it, providing a more direct path to the engine. Yeah the fact that the Murano doesn't rev very high in normal driving (without getting pulled over by the cops anyways) means you won't get the sweet sound of an intake while driving normally.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Eric L. said:

The Z-tube doesn't really increase airflow. The idea is that it smooths out the air flowing through it, providing a more direct path to the engine. Yeah the fact that the Murano doesn't rev very high in normal driving (without getting pulled over by the cops anyways) means you won't get the sweet sound of an intake while driving normally.
Ok, it doesn't increase airflow directly, but it does free up some small amount of power. I'm just suggesting it may make things slightly worse rather than better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts