Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Lowrance iWay 500C GPS navigator. It came with a cable that allows the GPS audio to go to a car radio ("Turn Right!"). Since my 2003 Murano has a satellite button on the receiver, I was hoping to connect the GPS audio to that button (I have no satellite radio connected).

In looking at the sat radio installation instructions, there seem to be a bewildering array of inputs on the back of the Murano radio. Can anyone give me some guidance on what input I ought to use? What I want to do is simple--hit the sat input button and whatever audio comes out of the GPS is amplified and broadcast through the stereo's speakers.

Thanks for any help.

MIKE

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
mraub1 said:
...What I want to do is simple--hit the sat input button and whatever audio comes out of the GPS is amplified and broadcast through the stereo's speakers....
PAC will do it. Keep in mind by connecting your GPS to the sat button you will be able to listen to either GPS or other radio functions (radio-cd-tape) but not at the same time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I located information on the PAC unit and while it appears it would work, its also overkill for what I need. I don't need to control the volume from the radio; I can set that from the GPS. There's no input on the back of the radio that will just take and input and amplify it when I hit the satellite button? That's all I really need.

In looking at the map of radio inputs I saw one for the audio of the factory nav system. Anyone ever try putting that input to use? It might be set up to pause any other audio when the GPS has an announcement.

Thanks,

MIKE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts