Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Updates vary by model and model year. Nissan doesn't provide much information on the expensive map updates from what I can see...

I didn't update the maps in my '03 for the 16 years that I owned it and I got by just fine...and I saved myself a couple of thousand dollars. If you're going to own your Murano for several years or more it may be better to invest in a head unit that supports Android Auto or Car Play...

Here's the Nissan map update website:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Updates vary by model and model year. Nissan doesn't provide much information on the expensive map updates from what I can see...

I didn't update the maps in my '03 for the 16 years that I owned it and I got by just fine...and I saved myself a couple of thousand dollars. If you're going to own your Murano for several years or more it may be better to invest in a head unit that supports Android Auto or Car Play...

Here's the Nissan map update website:
Thanks a lot for the info.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was told last update is from September 2019

That may be since the new ones are updated by over the air. I always found the website a little vague. Still, that is 2 years updated. Personally, I have not updated mine. It seems to work just fine. The only time there could be an issue is if there is a new road or construction altered a road or exit. I don't use it that often that it is a problem for me but I would imagine I could figure it out. For example, they just re-did all the ramps at a interstate junction where I live. The directions are still accurate, but it does tell me to stay to the left when now I can either stay left or center. I saw the difference in signage in plenty of time to know it was slightly off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts