Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Murano with a Navi system. This may sound crazy but I have a number of people that have hear the same dog barking sounds that seem to have something to do with GPS system. This only happens when passing 2 certain houses in a certain direction. The reason I suspect it has something to do with the gps system is I was in my driveway using the simulation feature of the gps and after it showed me the route I tried to cancel the simulation and I heard the same dog barking sounds. This happens everytime I pass these houses in the one direction, not the opposite direction without fail. I assume these houses have something to do with this issue, but I could be wrong. I think these houses have a security system that produces a dog barking sound. I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced anything similar to this strange occurrence. If sound can it be fixed.

·
Super Moderator
8,284 Posts
I have this compulsion to write... "First, remove Chihuahua from glove box." >:D

OK, so much for that.

Does your GPS make sounds at any other time, or tied to locales or events? I'm wondering if there is some background function enabled that involves sounds.

Also, is anyone in your family a practical joker?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GPS makes no other sounds anywhere.

No practical jokers either.

It's no a big problem. Curious as to what could be causing the barking.

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
1,288 Posts
OMG! Ha ha ha ha! Where are you located? Illinois? Is your car a black 2009 LE? I had programed my car's Navigation to do the "bark" alert as I turned the corner into my Cul-de-sac. So essentially, it was programed to "bark" 300 feet from my designated HOME on the Navigation. I used to have the "trumpet" alert set for known speed traps for a while, but eventually deleted those. Always loved the dog barking when I turned the corner. I totally forgot about it when I traded the car in for my 2017.5 Midnight Edition until reading this thread. :laugh:

I'm serious, not joking!

If you dig deep into the Navigation Manual it will tell you how to delete it or add others.

If you're the owner of my old car, this is indeed a small world!

Take care!

Jim

EDIT! :banghead: Upon closer reading I noticed that you have a 2016, not a 2009. Someone must have programed that into your NAV. AS I mentioned above, there are instructions in the Nav Manual.
Nice to know it's still available. Think I'm going to program my dog bark again! :laugh:

·
Registered
1 Posts
GPS makes no other sounds anywhere.

No practical jokers either.

It's no a big problem. Curious as to what could be causing the barking.
I had an 04 maxima that would bark every time I went to one of my friends house exact same spot every time never did figure out why

1 - 5 of 5 Posts