Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was waxing my Mo a bit ago, I noticed that the small clear plastic piece of gravel guard on the rear of the left rear door was missing.

Anyone know where this material can be purchased??

Thanks,
RickM46

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Missing?!? I thought those guards were affixed to the body panels with the same strength adhesive as the emblems.

They can't just fall off. They won't just wear off. And if something ripped it off it would have left some tell-tale damage.

Out of curiosity, what year is your MO?

-njjoe

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have heard that some dealers have pulled them off during prep of the vehicle. They thought they were for shipping purposes. You may want to try the dealer for a replacement.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
HTRK-1 said:
I have heard that some dealers have pulled them off during prep of the vehicle. They thought they were for shipping purposes.
Really?????....LOL......

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
RickM46-

Do you recall seeing the plastic film in place?

I can only assume that it was either left off the vehicle or it was not properly affixed in the first place. There is no way it is going to just fall off.

If the car was purchased used then one possible scenario is that it was in an accident and the plastic film was not replaced when the door was repaired.

-njjoe

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
njjoe,
I thought the same thing.
I have had accident work on previous cars and can tell if there was damage done - I have never seen perfect body work when you look under the covers.

Anyway, I checked my door quite closely opened and closed and there is no evidence of repair work - paint overspay, bondo, fit, finish, etc. Also checked the rear wheel well and rear 1/4 panel --- looks perfect. Car tracks like it is on a rail.

I did take the car to a Ziebart place to have them apply a paint treatment/wax -- that could be a possibility.

Anyway, still looking for a replacement piece.

RickM46

·
Registered
23 Posts
Find a shop that installs the clear plastic bra's on vehicles. I had my Altima and my Mo done and there was enough scrap film for them to install some on my headlights. A little additional protection is always good. Anyway they will have scrap that can be used to replace your missing piece. With any luck they will just give it to you as it is scrap, or you may have to pay a few bucks for them to install it. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Originally posted by RickM46
...I checked my door quite closely opened and closed and there is no evidence of repair work - paint overspay, bondo, fit, finish, etc. Also checked the rear wheel well and rear 1/4 panel --- looks perfect. Car tracks like it is on a rail.
As an anti theft meassure, all removable body parts on newer cars have a sticker with the VIN# on it. Look for it on the door. If you don't see it, or if you see it but the number does not match your VIN, the door has been replaced.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gentlemen,
Thanks for the advice.
Per your suggestion, I found a Ziebart place that advertises invisible bras and will see if they have any scraps.

I will also check my door to see if it has a sticker with my VIN # on it.
RickM46

1 - 11 of 11 Posts