Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to check in and let you know that I finally got off the fence and got an MO.

I ended up with an '03 SL, AWD Demo, fully loaded, with 5,500 miles on it. Since it has never been registered, the 36 month warranty starts now.

Before buying, I tried to sell my trade in (unsuccessfully) and shopped it around to find out what it was worth. The dealer gave me $1K more than anyone else would, plus knocked $4K off the invoice price of the MO. This is the equivalent of $5K under invoice.

I realize that in reality this is a used car, but any minor problems that it might have had when new have already been fixed, and it is no worse off than it would be if I had put the miles on myself.

After driving it (when my wife lets me) for 4 days, I have to say that it exceeds my expectations in every way. I am totally jazzed. :2:

dg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Um, you won't believe this, but we (my wife) was driving an '02 S430. It was leased, and was bleeding us dry. To my amazement, the MO is better thought out, and has more advanced technology. Particularly bad in the MBZ was the extremely slow to respond and illogical control systems for the NAV, Radio, and climate control. The 'keyless go' cardkey entry system was also a major disappointment.

The NAV in the MO blows away the MBZ, especially in terms of map detail, features, and speed. The MBZ Nav required a set of 5(or more?) disks for the USA, didn't have a fraction of the fine map detail that the MO has, and was lacking numerous features, like telephone number lookup, a joystick that lets you find out what local street names are by panning to them, closest services (ATM, Gas Station, Bank, etc.) etc.

I was constantly cursing at the control system in the MBZ because of how slow it was to respond to input, and how non-intuitive it was. Simple things like finding out how many miles were on the car required scrolling through menus. In order to do anything with the control system, you had to take your eyes off the road and watch the options scroll by on the display.

To me it seemed that the MBZ was designed by a committee of people who had never driven a car, whereas the MO was designed by engineers who wanted a car they could use themselves.

If there is one area where the MBZ excelled though, it was the comfortable, well controlled ride.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Don't you love it when you get a great deal for a car you've been dreaming about ever since it came out and never thought it's possible to get until that "great deal" comes around? I do!

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the MO-lover's club.

BTW, what was the invoice of the demo cause I thought about getting a demo too but went for a new one with less options instead.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought an '03 SE demo with 4500 miles on Oct 31. We took a 5 hour test drive the day before we did the deal. The only problem we have had is the steering rack thump which was fixed with one trip to the dealer (and I did not have an appt). So we are very satisfied so far. Congrats on your good deal and welcome!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like you, I was looking for an '04 with fewer options, but couldn't find one equipped the way I wanted. My local dealer had this Demo and knew I was in the market. He called, we haggled. I ended up paying about the same for the loaded '03 Demo that I would have paid for an '04 SL FWD without Nav, DCP, and Cold package.

SL, AWD
Nav package
Premium package
Leather package
Sunroof
Dynamic Control package
Cold package
Splash guards
Carpeted floor mats
Sunroof wind deflector

Invoice - 34,231 Paid 30,231 + good deal on trade in.

I'm very happy, although not completely convinced I need AWD in Calif. It will make resale easier, (in the far, far distant future), but I thought the FWD felt lighter and peppier.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Look at it this way though: You basically have everything you could ever want for the MO, so if the modification bug hits you, you wont have to get all that stuff!

Congrats again! Happy MO-ing!

·
Registered
834 Posts
I felt that the AWD was peppier than the FWD in the snow. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts