Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I found a great trailer hitch source in case anyone would like to add one to their MO.

The website is called www.hitchestogo.com. I talked to a guy named Steve, who is very knowledgeable and recommended a really great bike rack too.

They have a special going on now where you get a FREE ballmount, hitchpin, and clip, probably about a $30 value with any Drawtite hitch. The hitch was $125. and is a class III with a 2" drawbar opening. I also bought a Swagman 3 bike hitch mount bike rack for $135 and I got a free Drawtite locking hitch pin ($20 value)with the rack.

I have nothing to do with this site, just thought I'd let everyone know that it's a good source for inexpensive hitches, as compared to the Nissan one. The Swagman bike rack is awesome quality, very impressive, and it allows you to mount a bike with an angled frame bar at a level attitude. It's a lot more impressive in person than it was in the pics.

All told it took me 20 minutes to install by myself. I backed the rear end up on my car ramps and from there it's 6 bolts, no drilling needed.

If you call him, tell him Lee sent you.

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
This sounds like excellent news! I already have a nice Yakima rack off our previous Tahoe, and have been looking for a receiver hitch to accomodate it for the Murano. My dealer quoted me around 700.00 for the Nissan hitch, and I nearly fell over.

At any rate, is it a quality unit with a clean, tight appearance? (do you have a pic you could send me?) I don't want anything that looks too obnoxious by hanging down too far, etc. And it will only be used for hauling bikes.

Thanks!
Hunter

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Some pictures would be great, esp with the bike rack, I am very interested.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coming up guys, I just need to take the pics today. Any tips on including pics with a post?? Never did that.

REVHIGH !!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Take pix
Reduce Pix to 100K or less
Set size to about 640x480
Remember where, on you computer, the modified pix is!
do a reply to this thread
Under the reply box is a section that says ATTACH FILE
Select "Browse"
Move to folder containing pix
Select Pix
Select "Submit Reply"
I don't believe there is any way to post more than one pix per reply.

Homer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the hitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the bike rack, note that the bike holders can be rotated and tightened at any angle to hold bike frames that are not horizontal, like in a girl's bike with an angled frame tube.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's both !!

REVHIGH !!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Very cool. Great pics.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will tell you that the bike rack bike clamps are of incredible quality, with the red rubber pads being grooved top and bottom for any cables that run along the frame. This keeps the frame from being marred by the cables by being pressed against the frame when the clamp is tightened. The outside bike clamp knob is also keyed so that the bikes can't be stolen. A free hich lock was included with my order so the entire bike rack can't be removed from the hitch too. Also at the bottom the bike rack folds down to allow the hatch to be opened, AND that pivot point is keyed and locked. All these features are standard with the XP line of racks.

Here's a close up image.

REVHIGH !!!!!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts